View poll results: Which instrument?
Mandolin
16 35%
Ukulele
8 17%
other
22 48%
Voters: 46.
Okay so I was thinking of picking up another instrument (obviously). Just as a side thing. Preferably a stringed instrument that is plucked. I was thinking either between a mandolin and ukulele. I don't listen to a lot of folk music. The only times I've really heard a mandolin being used was in some Led Zeppelin songs like Going to California. A poll will be up shortly.
Violin.

That would be awesome tbf
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
Quote by saphrax
Why not learn something totally different, like the harmonica?

Harmonicas are cool but all brass and woodwind instruments hate me.
trumpet.
Quote by killedbyaspork
because there is also a gibson squire, and they don't want to get them confused
Quote by the fendernator
Mandolins are fun but you need thin fingers. Piano's the easiest instrument to "pick up" after the guitar (other than a bass guitar/12 string etc).

I have thin fingers. And I would like to play an instrument that is plucked with a plectrum.
ultimate-violin.com ?
ultimate-ukulele.com ?
ultimate-other.com ?

no siry bob.. I don't think so

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by Punks|Not|Dead
Violin.

I play violin, its A LOT harder to become decent at. Your pitch will be off for a long time before it sounds good, same with bowing.
Quote by Punks|Not|Dead
Violin.

Yes, it would be awesome. After 8 years of learning.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Dabey
So, what kind of an instrument is this 'other'?

As in an instrument OTHER than those two listed above.
Yeah okay so you could learn something something like ukulele or mandolin, or take up the craziest string instrument ever to grace the earth, the sitar.
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
learn bass, makes it easier to get gigs with bands, and helps with songwriting and developing good rhythm.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Mandolin would pretty sweet, if just for the Zeppelin songs you could play with it.
California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu star-bright, the song remains the same.

Casting quarters into wells that hold our dreams.

Believe in the freedom of music.

With our love, we could save the world.
Cello. beautiful. you can play pizzicato (plucking) if you want, or maybe double bass. that's neat.
Quote by Gord@k
The banjo is the way to go.

You can even tune it to GDAE and make it a Banjolin!
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.