#1
I installed a seymour duncan into my guitar and followed the wiring diagrams on their website and used the 1 humbucker one volume one tone. Now when ever I take my hands off the string or anything metal it makes a static noise and hums. I changed the ground wire to the bridge and the input jack wires and it still does that I can't figure out what is wrong. I put this pickup in another guitar and it didn't do that. I tried another amp at my friends house and it did the same thing (static hum). I have a few other guitars I play on the same amp and they don't do that what could be the problem?
#2
Feedback, get a noise gate or effects pedal with built-in noise gate. Basially, it's the strings vibrating slightly when you aren't playing and aren't holding them still, so you get feedback/static. A noisegate prevents this. (worked for me)
Quote by uvq
yeah fire him secretly... thats what im doing except im firing myself and secretly joining someone elses band

Quote by Jekkyl
If you get a virus by looking at porn, is it considered a sexually-transmitted disease?

Quote by DiveRightIn63
thanks for the compliment man!
#4
Quote by M.B.MetalTabber
Feedback, get a noise gate or effects pedal with built-in noise gate. Basially, it's the strings vibrating slightly when you aren't playing and aren't holding them still, so you get feedback/static. A noisegate prevents this. (worked for me)

Not really. When you touch something metal on your guitar, you complete the circuit to ground. It's like touching a radio antenna and getting a clearer signal. 100% normal. Noise gates aren't needed unless you are too lazy to roll off your volume.
#5
the thing I don't understand is it doesn't do this on my other guitars even when I changed the pickup to another guitar
#6
is it safe to play like this because this is my favorite guitar to play and I don't want to get the shock of my life by it or get killed by it LMAO.
#7
Quote by gilbeaux1983
is it safe to play like this because this is my favorite guitar to play and I don't want to get the shock of my life by it or get killed by it LMAO.

You other guitars do it too, you may not notice it as much though due to the wiring scheme, output of the pickups, and wiring quality. And the only way you could be killed is if the amp was not grounded right, which you would know as you would touch your guitar and would be shocked. The grounding on a guitar is not for safety, but rather to eliminate noise.