ok i only have been playing for 3 years self tought and i can solo in one key i know all my scales i can sweep and do alot on advanced stuff i just dont know were to go on the fret board i need help learning and understanding modes i went to the lesson nothing helped me i still need to learn how they are used can someone help me so i dont suck
what about some " . " every now n then? :O hope it helped
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Quote by peavygod
ok i only have been playing for 3 years self tought and i can solo in one key i know all my scales i can sweep and do alot on advanced stuff i just dont know were to go on the fret board i need help learning and understanding modes i went to the lesson nothing helped me i still need to learn how they are used can someone help me so i dont suck

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187159

The search bar may be able to help you in future.
There is another discussion/thread called 'what are modes'.... Im trying to find out exactly the same as you are
*What the hell are modes for!!!*
...so join that thread instead....
hey guys, make sure to read the Theory FAQ sticky in this forum. There is a really nice explanation of modes, how to use them, and when to use them. AFTER reading that part of the FAQ(obviously don't need to read the whole thing), ask any questions where you feel you need the "gaps" filled or that you find overly confusing. Ask specifics in this forum and that way people will be most eager to help out!...i think.

Also, peavygod, do you know your fretboard as notes? Cuz that may be the crucial part you're missing.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination