name a good fuzz pedal
bass
under £100

go

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

Sounds like you want some variety of Muff...hang around and people will be here to persuade you to spend more and get a Fulltone instead
Do not, ever buy a Fulltone as a fuzz pedal, it just won't do it. If you want a fuzz pedal, Big Muff's are pretty good, yes they will take away a little low end but oh well, it's not too bad, they sound good anyways.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
look for effector 13 or devi ever they're the best and most original sounding fuzz boxes
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
Fulltone's not a fuzz pedal, and the Big Muff is barely a fuzz, actually. You should check out the Bootzilla Snarling Dogs wah with built in Fuzz if you're curious. However, a very good, very popular bass fuzz for about that price (I believe) is a Frantone Bassweet. If that's too much, look for the Tech 21 XXL Bass Edition.

If you say fuzz but actually mean distortion, you're fired.

EDIT: All guitards coming from the home page doing hit and run recommendations should be automatically IP Permabanned, assuming we let them live.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Mar 7, 2008,
Quote by thefitz
Fulltone's not a fuzz pedal, and the Big Muff is barely a fuzz, actually. You should check out the Bootzilla Snarling Dogs wah with built in Fuzz if you're curious. However, a very good, very popular bass fuzz for about that price (I believe) is a Frantone Bassweet. If that's too much, look for the Tech 21 XXL Bass Edition.

If you say fuzz but actually mean distortion, you're fired.

EDIT: All guitards coming from the home page doing hit and run recommendations should be automatically IP Permabanned, assuming we let them live.

Fitzy speaks the truth, the fuzz on my Bootzilla wah is pretty awesome. The pedal has limited control for the fuzz (and the wah too) but both sound full and powerful despite it. Granted with any fuzz you are going to have a hard time really hammering the true low end, but I get very good low midrange meyhem from the pedal.

Also if you do want both a wah and fuzz it's great, but when both effects are on at the same time it sounds different then a typical wah running into a fuzz pedal(certainly very different from pair of wah and distortion pedals). You just have to try one out.
I think MXR is coming out with a new bass fuzz. From what ive heard it sounds pretty sweet and handles low end really well.
Quote by DanielQ
How much do fuzz pedals usually sell for?

70-180 USD depending on brand and quality
Quote by Charlatan_001
I'm pretty sure the ZVex Woolly Mammoth is like... around $300 USD. It's one of the best fuzzes I've ever heard.

Here's a video demo of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XW8-9P_FFw

Well I was leaving out super high end stuff. Just the average to moderate high end price range. Cause I wouldnt dish $300 for a fuzz pedal. And while that pedal sounds nice...not worth $300 in my book.
Quote by The Sallad
Well I was leaving out super high end stuff. Just the average to moderate high end price range. Cause I wouldnt dish $300 for a fuzz pedal. And while that pedal sounds nice...not worth $300 in my book.

Fair enough. I'd rather buy a Line6 DL4, some strings, and a strap than a fuzz...