I'm not sure if this is a good idea but I was thinking of doing this little game where we post a chord progression, lets say I post Em,G,D just as an example and we play something over that progression and record it and post it, we give constructive criticism so we can get better then after 2 or 3 days we get a new progression and same thing happens we record something over the progression post it and everyone criticizes everyone, I think it would be a good way to have fun and get better.

What do you guys think?

I'll post first progression if you guys want to play

Bm,F#m,G,A

I think I was playing something over that yesterday, I'm at work so I can't play it to see if it is correct but play it and if it sounds stupid play another one and post it.

You can play the chords in any rhythm or style you want, Suggest scales and explain a little if you want or can... your level of playing should not matter, just give it a try, I'm not that good but I'll try, I want to see how everyone approaches the same progression.

I will post something tonight since right now I'm working well that is if you guys like the idea of this thing.
Last edited by Kontry at Mar 7, 2008,
I wouldn't approach that progression, it sounds horrible. Some of the guys do an idea kinda like this called UG Jams. The last one was number 4 which was a blues one. The only difference is they play over a set backing track.
Oh I'm sorry then I forgot what chords I was playing yesterday haha
But do you think this is a good idea?

I'll check the progression when I go to eat a little later
Yeah, it would be good to see how we approach the musical side of things rather than just the solo, so I'd be up for it. It could produce some interesting theme and variation ideas. Let us know when you get that progression sorted.
Ok I changed the progression, I had it as B,F#,Gm,Am When it really was Bm,F#m,G,A
Does this one sound good? I have it recorded from yesterday and I think its good to play something over it.

And if you guys don't like it just give me one you want to try and Ill change the progression in the first post and then after 2 or 3 days we can get another one