Hey guys,
So I'm looking for a new Les Paul style guitar. I currently have a telecaster and a strat. But there's always that elusive LP sound that I am after. I had a Schecter Gryphon, but that wasn't quite cutting it. Now i'm looking for something a little more substantial. I'm not a huge fan of Epiphone and can't afford a Gibson, so I'm looking at other sources.
I've taken a look at some Agiles, the AL-3000 to be specific. Looks nice and has a good fan base. Hagstrom also caught my eye, but there were very few reviews on it anyone ever played one? And finally the one's i'm leaning towards are Michael Kelly Patriots. I'm looking seriously into the Patriot Custom and the Patriot Q. Do you guys have any first hand experience on these? Will they put out a similar sound to a real Les Paul? Thanks for the help.
Agile

Fo shizzle
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
I've heard many good things about Agile, but try out some different guitars first, don't always just go for what's popular.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
I've heard many good things about Agile, but try out some different guitars first, don't always just go for what's popular.

I agree, it's always a good idea to try some out and find out what is best for you.
Try some of the washburn Idol series guitar like the Washburn WI 18Q.
Quote by killedbyaspork
because there is also a gibson squire, and they don't want to get them confused
You might want to look at Hagstrom guitars. They don't cost too much but feel and sound decent in my humble oppinion. Wait a moment, I'll hook you up with a link.

EDIT:
here's the link:
http://www.hagstromguitars.com/

The swede and super swede could be interesting for you. By the way, how much do you want to spend, what sound are you looking for?
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 7, 2008,
Well I'm looking for versatile guitar that can achieve the classic Les Paul rock sounds. I've been trying to get opinions on the Swede and the Patriot Custom. I know there's a deal at music 123 if you spend over 500 you get an instant 100 off. So the Patriot Custom for 400 seems like a great deal. thoughts?
Quote by LMUdave

I've taken a look at some Agiles, the AL-3000 to be specific. Looks nice and has a good fan base.

Had one, amazing guitar.. Only sold it because I bought a halfstack
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I think i'm going to look at a Hagstrom Super Swede and compare it to the patriot custom. Thanks Between these two which would you pick?
Super Swede looks sweet, but the Patriot probably gets closer to the LP sound.
I've played a Dean Soletaro (I think that's how you spell it) and it is IMO, the best take on the les paul, I like it better than the Gibsons (and I love Gibson LP's)! But I've never played an agile so idk about them. But check the deans out, they may not be your thing but they're nice.

Oh and no they don't have the traditional V dean headstock jic you were wondering lol
Well,
It's settled guys. Thanks for the help. I came across a pretty killer deal. Searching on Craigslist I found a Hagstrom Super Swede with the case for $250. Checked it out tonight, bought it on the spot for $225... Perfect shape, not a scratch on her! I thinks these retail for like 550 plus 100 extra for the case, so it seems like an incredible deal.
Came with the matching case, strap with straplocks, in a beautiful Cherry Sunburst finish. It's versatile and can get some really great LP sounds. I'll post some pics when I upload em. Thanks again!!!
the Mkelly is a good guitar but dont order offline..... they never come in good condition because its all the **** the stores send back because its ****ed up. plus you dont get to choose it they give you one... each guitar has its own feel you gotta pick the one the feels right
Welcome to the world of Hagstrom! I own a Swede (sorry I found this thread too late to offer an opinion), and I'm very happy with it.

Post a review of your Super when you get a chance. These are great guitars!

--- D