So I just brought a new strap. I haven't played with a strap since a few weeks after I started because found it was more of an annoyance as I only really play sitting down.
I placed it on the way I thought seemed more logical and my friend came round a few days later and when he saw my guitar he said I had it on the wrong way round.
I don't know if he was just having a laugh or was being serious.

Which way does it go?
1a 2b
or
1b 2a
^ just as the man above says
My gear:
Fender 50th anniv American Strat Deluxe NICE
Fender Eric johnson Strat SEXY
Gibson SG Special Gothic II RAW
Ibanez JS 1000 VERSATILE
Gibson Les Paul Custom OOH BABY
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Head & Cab LET'S ROCK
Not to hijack the thread, but its strap related...

How far down does your guitar usually hang when on a strap, i'm struggling to find a comfortable length.
neither. What you have labeled as '1' on the guitar is a strap button, that's where one end should go. there's another strap button just to the right of the 3-way switch, on the side of the guitar. the other end goes there.

To squizzel, it's all personal preference. I like mine relatively high. Just play around with it for a while to see what you like.
Quote by james4
neither. What you have labeled as '1' on the guitar is a strap button, that's where one end should go. there's another strap button just to the right of the 3-way switch, on the side of the guitar. the other end goes there.

To squizzel, it's all personal preference. I like mine relatively high. Just play around with it for a while to see what you like.

You know what he means.
Then put it higher. Your strap should be high enough so that it is at the same height sitting and standing.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Then put it higher. Your strap should be high enough so that it is at the same height sitting and standing.

Son, you do ur thing and ill do mine. I was just lettin the TS know how i let mine hang.........