Would you have ethical issues killing off the entire human race (humanely of course)?

Poll: Would you have an ethical problem with killing off all human beings?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you have an ethical problem with killing off all human beings?
Yes
68 54%
No
34 27%
Undecided/It's complicated
23 18%
Voters: 125.
Page 1 of 2
I mean compared to the hundreds of species that could be saved from extinction, would our species being destroyed really be so bad?
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Last edited by pumpkins_rule at Mar 7, 2008,
kill?
I would not kill the entire human race

make suddenly dissappear from existance?
yes I would. because the human race sucks in general, not everyone but a lot of it.
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by killedbyaspork
kill?
I would not kill the entire human race

make suddenly dissappear from existance?
yes I would. because the human race sucks in general, not everyone but a lot of it.

Well the end result would be the same...
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

...Maybe. I don't like most people.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I would have ethical problems, yes. Killing off humanity in its entirety would be genocide on a level Hitler could never have imagined. As a species, we've made mistakes, but we're not irredeemable.
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Well the end result would be the same...

ya but it would be quick and no one would know what happened. they would all just cease to exist.
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by killedbyaspork
ya but it would be quick and no one would know what happened. they would all just cease to exist.

Well that's basically what Im saying. I guess I should have used a different word, but w/e.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

wow because of me, all the bars became 4 4 4 coz i said yes.

I don't feel like killing the whole of the human race 'coz my girlfriend's human.
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
Removing all humans would make the world a simpler place
Quote by grenade24
Not gay, but I'd tap that
It would be an achievement. Something to tell the grandkids...
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Certainly not.

If the entire race just instantly died, the rest of the natural world would fall into chaos. All the animals, plants and the atmosphere used to humans would have a shock and most likely not know how to adapt.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Is this the stupidest question I have ever read? Yes

Do I feel like I need to take a shower having merely read the words? Yes

Is the thread starter an attention whore? Yes

Do I hate 95% of the human race for ignorance like this bullshit? Yes
No.... I feel like killing people each and everyday. Letting me wipe out the human race would give me what I want... You dont want to give me what I want...
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by denizenz

More reason to answer his question then
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
I saw a show if humans became extinct on the history channel. They said a lot fo species would fall with us. Like, dogs and cats, all house pets.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by denizenz
Yes, but he's asking if I would have a problem eliminating all humans, not only those with an IQ less than 65.

Fair enough, although I have more of a problem with people that are very nice people, than I do stupid but nice people.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Ahh, misanthropy...
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Wow, what a bunch of Hitlers.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
I have definate issues with suicide, and since killing all humans would entail killing myself, I would be against it.
Quote by MightyAl
I have definate issues with suicide, and since killing all humans would entail killing myself, I would be against it.

You could kill everyone and then "accidentally" walk off a cliff. Just saying...
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by denizenz

Um. I think this is a perfectly acceptable question. It is a great concept, because humans have done so much wrong. The survival of our planet depends on us taming ourselves.
Quote by suggy88
Im all for wiping off the entire human race, its the only way to save the world

Ah, the world will continue just life as we know it will eventually cease to exist, most of the animals we know of now will be gone, plant life will be completely different, but the world will not just "end".

Its just like the dinosaurs, something big happend killing almost everything but life continued changed and evolved and now we have what we have.

WHen I first came into this thread I was ready to say yeah im for it, but now that I think about it, it is going to happen anyway eventually so no need to speed it up.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by JMTrio134
Um. I think this is a perfectly acceptable question. It is a great concept, because humans have done so much wrong. The survival of our planet depends on us taming ourselves.

Taming or killing?

Also, who the fuck cares about the survival of the planet? Let me tell you who doesn't...the planet itself, the universe, all animal species.

That's right, the ONLY thing that even possesses the possibility to care is the human race. We're the only beings who even realize that we exist let alone enjoy or delight in our existance.

If the planet died tomorrow...you and I would be the only species of life who would care or even realize it had happened.
Quote by JMTrio134

We'll probably destroy ourselves, but the world will carry on. It carried on after the meteor that killed the dinoasaurs, it carried on after the ice-age, it'll carry on after we're long gone.
I don't really want to die to be honest so yes, I would have issues killing everyone off including me.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by killedbyaspork

No one would know what happened if everyone was dead either. There's no difference.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Nut.

EDIT: Wow, i totally meant to say "yes".

Definitely yes, haha.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Last edited by meh! at Mar 7, 2008,
Quote by Meths
...Maybe. I don't like most people.

We guessed.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Yes. I'm a human. Why would I want cows to survive at the price of humans.
Now if I was a cow...
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by denizenz
Taming or killing?

Also, who the fuck cares about the survival of the planet? Let me tell you who doesn't...the planet itself, the universe, all animal species.

That's right, the ONLY thing that even possesses the possibility to care is the human race. We're the only beings who even realize that we exist let alone enjoy or delight in our existance.

If the planet died tomorrow...you and I would be the only species of life who would care or even realize it had happened.

+1

Quote by urik
Yes. I'm a human. Why would I want cows to survive at the price of humans.
Now if I was a cow...

Bah you whiney teenagers and your "ooomgzzz teh human race sucks just look at *poins at single event*"
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Page 1 of 2