I realize there is no single answer to the question "what pickups should I get?" However, I hope to gather a little more information about pickups if possible.

I play a Schecter Diamond Series Omen-6. They currently have stock pickups. I play rock and metal on this guitar. I'm currently contemplating going active. What do you all think? I'm told it will sacrifice cleans, but I'm cool with that (to an extent). I have another guitar for that kind of stuff.

I play on a Marshall AVT20 with a Line-6 POD 2.0. At this point, getting a new amp is out of the question. So with the current setup (axe, effects and amp), what is the best pickup for the improvement of metal tone? I'd like to be able to carry rhythm and lead.

Bands: Killswitch Engage, Bodom, Metallica, and some Power and Shred stuff.
If it's not a tube amp I wouldn't go active as it will probably make your amp sound worse. I would probably just save up for a new amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
If a new amp is out of the question then I'd suggest good vintage output pickups. If you are looking for cost effective the go with Seymour duncan 59 or DiMarzio PAF's. If you have a bit more money then there are a lot of hand winders (such as myself) that could hook you up but you still want to stick with low output on SS amps.
Not taking any online orders.
Actives will sound bad through SS? What will SD 59's or Dimarzio PAFS do for me? Furthermore, should I put them both bridge and neck?

Thanks for the help.
Get a new tube amp.

End of discussion.

If one is already arranged, and that's why it's "out of the question" (odd way to word it), then get some DiMarzio Evos, Breeds, Super Distortions, X2N's, or D-Activators. DiMarzios seem to mix very well with basswood.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Okay new idea. Commonly I go direct-in to my computer to with the POD, bypassing the amplifier anyway. Now is there a reason for me to get new pickups? And which do you advise?
I'm no expert, but I don't think you'll get the difference in tone you want with different pickups through a POD. You may want to consider raising the height of your pickup. Is there an area of your tone you find lacking? Maybe a cheap EQ pedal is in order.
Quote by Yenko38
Okay new idea. Commonly I go direct-in to my computer to with the POD, bypassing the amplifier anyway. Now is there a reason for me to get new pickups? And which do you advise?

None whatsoever - the pickups don't matter in that situation, the POD is doing all the tone shaping, the nuances of the original signal don't come into it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com