Ok, i applied for a music practise at college.

and they asked me how is my theory? and i was like i have just started learning them.

Then he asked me i should learn some major scales.

I said okay, he said i should be able to find them on the internet.
i searched omnn google and they gave loooooads of examples.

Can people on UG pleeeeeeeeeease help me out where i can find major scales without the nasty comments?

thanks.

Ib.

(Oh yes i know this is the scond time i am posting this last time i only got 3 replies in which i didn't understnad anything sorry guys)
Quote by killedbyaspork
because there is also a gibson squire, and they don't want to get them confused
Do you just want tabs of Major scales, or do you want some actual theory?
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Quote by teknotard
Do you just want tabs of Major scales, or do you want some actual theory?

BOTH PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! NEED IT A.S.A.P
Quote by killedbyaspork
Memorize this: WWHWWWH. This is the formula of the major scale. The W's stand for whole steps and the H's stand for half steps. Once you memorize that, you'll be able to figure out any major scale starting on any root note.

I'll even throw in the minor scale "formula." WHWWHWW
Tone=2 frets
Semi-Tone=1 fret

The major scale formula is T-T-ST-T-T-T-ST.
Start on any note, that is your root note and also the letter name of the scale (i.e. you start on A and use this formula? Then it's A major). From your root not you go over a T (or tone), which is two frets, and that brings you to B. Therefore, B is the 2nd, or second note, in the scale. Move over an ST (or semi-tone) and that brings you to C, hence C is your third (or third note in the scale). And so on.

In terms of spaces between notes they all have one tone except between B and C, and E and F. Look on a piano and those are the only two sets of notes without a black key separating them, hence they are one semi-tone apart.
Well, you should have some basic understanding of music for this to make sense. If you need clarification let me know.

Step 1
Ok so there are 7 natuarl notes, A B C D E F G, each of them can be raised haalf a step (up one fret) which is indicated by a '#', and each of the notes can be lowerd half a step (down one fret) indicated by a 'b'.

There are 2 types of major keys, those that use # and those that use b. The trick is very simple if you memerize these letters in this specfic order, F C G D A E B (and acronym you can use is Fat Cats Get Down And Even Boogie).
Main Rigs
Guitars

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Quote by teknotard
Well, you should have some basic understanding of music for this to make sense. If you need clarification let me know.

Step 1
Ok so there are 7 natuarl notes, A B C D E F G, each of them can be raised haalf a step (up one fret) which is indicated by a '#', and each of the notes can be lowerd half a step (down one fret) indicated by a 'b'.

There are 2 types of major keys, those that use # and those that use b. The trick is very simple if you memerize these letters in this specfic order, F C G D A E B (and acronym you can use is Fat Cats Get Down And Even Boogie).

ohh yess. Thanks dude.
Quote by killedbyaspork
Step 2 Sharp Keys
Let's say you are in a given key of E. You can figure out what notes to sharp by takeing the letter E and figureing out what notes is before it in the musical alphabet (A B C D E F G). So the letter before E is D.

Finally look at the magical sequence F C G D A E B. You would sharp D and all the letters before is G C and F.
Main Rigs
Guitars

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Step 3 Flat Keys.

Flat keys work differently. First take that sequence and look at it backwards, it becomes BEADGCF (an easy way to remember it backwards is the word BEAD then GCF).

Let say you are in Ab (A flat). If you find A in the backwards magical sequence (BEADGCF) and you flat all the notes before it B and E the actually letter A and one after it D. THerefore the notes to flat in A flat are B E A and D
Main Rigs
Guitars

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Step 4 Exceptions
The beautiful thing is there are only 2 exceptions the key of C which has no sharps or flats and the key of F which just has one flat (and becasue of the order of flats it is B).

The reason why it is nice to learn it this way is becasue now you know minor keys as well. The minor keys use the exact same notes. To find the minor key just find the note that is the 6th in the key. In the cey of C (C=1, D=2, E=3, F=4, G=5, A=6, and B=7). Since the major key of C has no sharps or flats neither does the minor key of A.
Main Rigs
Guitars

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60