Alright so I just started to play guitar about a month ago and im practicing some scales now and my picking.

my picking kinda sucks alot.... my hand positioning too.

i tried to search everywhere to see if i could gather some information but uh i really didnt find.

So I wana know, if i do like : E: 11-12-15, A:11-12-15 and so on to lower strings, do I have to rest my hand/palm on the last string i picked? cause if i dont, the string keeps vibrating whatever note

i have alot of problems with this... I erally dont know

like if i do B :12 - 15 then G:14 and repeat it fast, i hold the 12 with my index, hammer on to the 15 with my ring finger and hammer on to 14 on G with my middle finger. Do i have to mute the G string with my palm because when i release it sounds like an open string. But uh.... If i tremolo pick that, it would be hard to mute the g string kinda... but do i still have to?

another good example i found on youtube http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=khs0Wl7Hvas

i dont want to compare my self to paul but does he actualy mute the higher strings when going to the low ones?

same thing for string bending.... other strings vibrates when i release the bend

BUUAUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH
Yes he is muting the other strings while going to the higher ones.
String bending...happens to me. Trying to figure out how to stop it.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by iTzMaTT
Yes he is muting the other strings while going to the higher ones.
String bending...happens to me. Trying to figure out how to stop it.

well im not sure about what im going to say but

does it means that i always have to rest my palm on the strings i dont play?

maybe there can be some exceptions but, normaly should i?
What alot of the better pros, including Gilbert, do is mute all the strings except the one they're playing with their picking hand. Its a difficult technique to get down and will probably take years to perfect but definitely worth it.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
What alot of the better pros, including Gilbert, do is mute all the strings except the one they're playing with their picking hand. Its a difficult technique to get down and will probably take years to perfect but definitely worth it.

yea i understand, cause each times i release a string it does a dam open string note and i though that it was kinda impossible that guitarists always mute their strings like crazy

but i agree in practising it
that used to piss me off something chronic but after time you dont even notice that you dont do it anymore. when you come off a fret, your right hand automatically mutes the strings, so just give it time and itll come.
Epi Les Paul Standard plus
w/ Seymour Duncan Sh-2n in neck and SH-4 in bridge
Vox Valvetronix
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by simon612
that used to piss me off something chronic but after time you dont even notice that you dont do it anymore. when you come off a fret, your right hand automatically mutes the strings, so just give it time and itll come.

I see what you mean, but what i was doing everytime i was playing is keep my hand in the air, and didnt want my hand/palm to touch the strings. I was kinda scared that it was a bad way to play.
I've played for just a little over a year now (with periods when I didn't play at all for weeks) and I've never had that problem you're talking about or never thought about it. I just place the hand where it feels comfartable when playing.
Do you have a classical guitar? Perhaps it is meant to give a humming noise when certain vibrations are transmited through the guitar.
Some guitars are designed to not give off a hum sound when strings are lifted.

I've only been playing for about 7 mounths and I don't know much about problem solving for guitar, so sorry if this is a crap answer