I'm not getting a new guitar RIGHT NOW, but I will be getting one pretty soon. I've seen these two guitars and the reviews seem good...

Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Schecter C-1 Artist limited edition

Almost all the reviews say they're good guitars, and they're around the same price. Which one would be better for me? I play everything basically (Except for metal).

Also, if you'll recommend any others that would be great, but they have to be left handed guitars.
I'd go for the Schecter, you'd get more versatility tone-wise with the five-way switching.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
What kind of guitar do you currently have and what amp? Do you want something similar to what you have now, or something totally different? Those two guitars are so vastly different tone-wise that it's not simply a choice of take x because its a much better guitar.
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Bear in mind that most of the reviews are written by people who have just purchased their equipment and couldn't be happier with it because they did not have a chance yet to discover the flaws.
That being said:
The Epiphone LP Custom is way overpriced. You can get the LP Standard for 150$ less while quality and sound are the same. I personally don't like the pickups on it (way too muddy), but the rest is fine. These things are build like a brick sh*t house, if you catch my drift.
About the Schecter: Never played it.

My best advice would be to go into a store and try 'em out.
go for the scheter most versitile guitar you can get.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
You can get the LP Standard for 150$ less while quality and sound are the same.

That isnt true.... Not at all... 664 is deffinatly over priced, but the cheaper epiphones dont play as well and usually have a bolt on neck which decreases the classic les paul tone and destrys the sustains. Also I double that the cheaper ones are made of mohoganay which is nescecary for that classic mid range crunch.
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Quote by kshelt76
What kind of guitar do you currently have and what amp? Do you want something similar to what you have now, or something totally different? Those two guitars are so vastly different tone-wise that it's not simply a choice of take x because its a much better guitar.

I have a Squier stratocaster and a Marshall Valvestate VS-100 and a few other amps. And I want to expand the kinds of sounds I can get.
Well, compared to the strat, the LP will be much more middy, much beefier, and have a much crunchier tone. The Schecter will have a much wider variety of tones, so its hard to describe exactly what it will sound like(and im not as familiar with schecters as I am LP's). Personally, I would go with the LP, but that's my opinion. Your best bet would be to go to guitar center or a similar music store, and play both, or similar varieties to see which sound you like best.
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Are you planning on soloing?
Some Les Paul guitars are hard to solo past the 12th fret due to the neck shape.
I find it difficult using my pinky finger anyway.
Your best bet is to go and play both of them and get a good feel for them.