I've never done geography before and just took it up this year, but my teacher sprung an essay on us.

The essay question is: Explain how a catchment is seen as part of a total management unit. Support with case examples and conflicts.

I can't really do this essay yet, because I don't know what a total management unit is... Can someone please just explain that bit?

It's 3 weeks and a half overdue, so I really need to do this.

Thanks
1. Read your textbooks.

2. Ask your teacher for help - they should be more willing to help you get the essay done, than waste time telling you off about how late it is.

3. Ask other people in your class.

4. Google.
It's not in my textbook because I assume it was learnt at IGCSE level (currently doing AS), and I googled it but I get weird pdf files that have nothing to do with it.

Quote by blue_strat
2. Ask your teacher for help - they should be more willing to help you get the essay done, than waste time telling you off about how late it is

That isn't possible because my geography teacher isn't that type of teacher.
^ Then they're a crap teacher and should be fired. Don't be afraid of them; some teachers can seem so strict that they'd just yell at you over this, but if he/she has any commitment to their job, they'll help you out.