Hey guys, i found some really nice mahogany in my parents attic over spring break and im thinking of building a guitar this summer. I know a fair amount from reading the forums and websites and all, but im not sure exactly what i want to do...here is my dilema

I currently play in a Acoustic Rock band as the elcetric guitarist, and i constantly find myself using either thestrat's middle pickup, that mid/neck position, or my neck humbucker. Now i feel like those are my three main sounds never touch the bridge, but i want much more warmth, thus the mahogany comes into play.

My question is this, what kind of guitar and pickup combo should i construct? Its a mahogany body guitar, probably a maple/rosewood neck.

Any ideas on body design or pickup combos are more than welcome! Thanks
to get the warmth you want but still be able to play the stuff you play now, I'd go for two humbuckers that you can coil-split. it won't sound the same as a strat, but you can get it close. maybe go for a PRS style body with a maple top or something. i don't have much input as far as specific pickups to try, but I'm sure someone around here can help you with that. post some pics of the mahogany, you might get more responses that way (as dumb as that sounds, its true)
I think a slightly modified Strat body would be awesome, with a nice '57 Classic-style bridge pickup, and maybe some Lace single-coils set into an HSS body. I would get a mahogany neck, as it adds a bit of warmth as well. And a rosewood fretboard.
Quote by falsreasoning
Hey guys, i found some really nice mahogany in my parents attic over spring break and im thinking of building a guitar this summer. I know a fair amount from reading the forums and websites and all, but im not sure exactly what i want to do...here is my dilema

I currently play in a Acoustic Rock band as the elcetric guitarist, and i constantly find myself using either thestrat's middle pickup, that mid/neck position, or my neck humbucker. Now i feel like those are my three main sounds never touch the bridge, but i want much more warmth, thus the mahogany comes into play.

My question is this, what kind of guitar and pickup combo should i construct? Its a mahogany body guitar, probably a maple/rosewood neck.

Any ideas on body design or pickup combos are more than welcome! Thanks
Mahogany? Nothing special comes to mind. If it was Oak ...

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.