Whenever Gibson.com or Gibson is mentioned under the comments on the articles here, there is a lot of bashing. I was just wondering why this is and how it came about, because apparently I missed something.

Please no bashing here, I don't want to hear it. I just want to know why it's being bashed or why/how it started being bashed.
Because for some stupid reason really dull and badly written and badly researched articles from Gibson.com keep being copy-pasted here and no-one likes them.
Quote by guitarmannn
lol.

Wuts a gibson????

U = FAIL
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
They're usually pointless, but get to the front page, cos they're written by someone who works for Gibson. Plus, they sometimes have 'hidden' advertisements, as if the fact that it's taken from the Gibson website isn't revealing enough.
Quote by sashki
They're usually pointless, but get to the front page, cos they're written by someone who works for Gibson. Plus, they sometimes have 'hidden' advertisements, as if the fact that it's taken from the Gibson website isn't revealing enough.

hidden?
you mean like

The Les Paul Supreme is wellbuy a gibsonequipped for anything and everything
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Most of the Gibson articles are very controversial lists, like "Best Solos" type stuff. And pretty much all of em are or were Gibson users at one point in their career.
So the reason is they are mostly poorly written? Or because the people here don't care for the Gibson news? Or both?
Some people say the quality of Gibson guitars has been decreasing in recent years. The last time I went to a music store though I played some of them and I have to say they are among the finest guitars available.
Quote by qotsa1998
Most of the Gibson articles are very controversial lists, like "Best Solos" type stuff. And pretty much all of em are or were Gibson users at one point in their career.

ahhhhh that does make sense then how they wouldn't get to kind of looks around here. Thanks.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
So the reason is they are mostly poorly written? Or because the people here don't care for the Gibson news? Or both?

How much attention were you paying?