I see it has a master volume, and since it's only 15w i figured i could get it down to pretty good levels without bothering people.

What do you guys think?
Gear:
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric
in a dorm pretty much anything over 10 watts SS will probably be too loud.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Just get a nice pair of studio headphones and plug them into any amp you want.
My Gear:
Custom Fender 62' Reissue Strat
Carvin Custom Shop DC400T
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000
PM------------------------

You can now play every Slayer song.
you can play any amp in a bedroom, just hike the volume down, tho tubes do sound better at higher volumes
Quote by bagrm
Just get a nice pair of studio headphones and plug them into any amp you want.

You can't plug headphones into any amp you want, it has to have a headphone out. And for the record, the Blues Jr doesn't have one.
It certainly is bedroom-sized. And if its only 15w, itll sound decent turned down low. And you can jam with other people if u want to.

EDIT: If you get a headphone to 1/4" adapter jack, you can plug it into the Line Out jack and use headphones, altho itll only come out of one headphone.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Mar 7, 2008,
Is that really true about the headphone thing? Would i be able to use the effects send of my efx loop in this same way?

And any amp can be a bedroom amp as long as the neighbors don't care and you have some earplugs.
Last edited by yoyodunno at Mar 7, 2008,
I would be afraid to use my headphones with any tube amp over 5w just because it'll probably clip the hell out of them. My HD280's were $100 and i wouldn't like to screw them up.

Not to mention, like you said, it'll only come out of the left headphone.
Gear:
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Pod XT Live
15 watts is still plenty of power. Granted, the master volume makes it workable, but a 5w deal would probably suit you better in the bedroom. I have an Epiphone Valve Jr. in my dorm... 5 watts, and I can't even crank it...
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
1. blues junior does not have headphone, line out.

2. it's too loud to use in a dorm room, if you like OD tones.
it's clean until it's LOUD. so if you get one, buy a pedal too.

its a 15W tube amp. sound like poo at low volumes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Hmm. What about the Blackheart Little Giant Half stack? I was thinking of getting one of those, would it be playable at low volumes? I'm looking for something i could jam with too.
Gear:
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Pod XT Live
it isn't a good idea to use headphones with a tube amp. the power amp can blow because the headphone load (impedance) isn't right.
also, you can use that 15 watt tube amp in a dorm, you can turn it down, and it sounds really good still. use an od pedal for your od.
i use a 40 watt tube amp, its not a big deal.
The BH is going to be too loud at OD volume for a dorm.

Honestly, for dorms and quiet practice a modelling amp like the Vox AD-series is probably better because their tone doesn't change from quiet to loud, and they really don't sound terribly bad.
Honestly, tube amps in places where other people sleep is generally not a good idea if it's more than a single-watter.

5w is ****ing loud.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
just use your roland in your dorm with headphones, if you still have it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Yeah, for dorm use a modelling amp, cause any tube amp 5w or bigger is gonna mess with ur neighboring dorm rooms. And god why won't anyone get earplugs, i am standing right in front of my 40 watt tube amp with volume half way and full gain and no hearing damage fo me!
Blues jr. + weber minimass 25w=sex. Loud enough to gig, quiet enough to OD without waking anyone.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Blues jr. + weber minimass 25w=sex. Loud enough to gig, quiet enough to OD without waking anyone.

I'm wondering just how much those attenuators actually help. Some people say that if you lower the volume too much, it ruins the tone.
Gear:
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Quote by SomeDude49
I'm wondering just how much those attenuators actually help. Some people say that if you lower the volume too much, it ruins the tone.

I have the 25W Weber MiniMass and it's great with the 5W Blackheart. Even at around 75% attenuation it still sounds good, and it lowers the volume quite a bit.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
just get classes early or at night, and play through a blues jr during the day?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
hey Shot you have an attenuator through your Blues Jr. right? I think I saw a pic on your profile once. How is it? Much tone sucking?
i don't use it much. my BJ's master volume at 2 is better than at 12 w/ attenuator.

yea. its too tone sucking if u want to attenuate SO much. it just depends how much.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Why are you obsessed with getting tube for dorm rooms? Bloody hell, walls in 90% of dorms I've been in have been paper thin. I have my 50 watt vox with me, but rarely do I turn it above 5-10 watts (the attenuator on the back..)