Yay! New gear for my birthday!

I got a Boss Loop Station:

And the Vox V847. I'ce actually had that for a while, but never posted about it.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Uhh...

Congrats?
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Horray for new free ****!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Horray for new free ****!

Indeed.
--

--
Awww man...I so want a loop station...but no money and other stuff to get before one(like a frickin amp). Enjoy it though man!
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Well, Let me be the first on UG in this thread to wish you a happy birthday.
Nice gear also hey!!
Quote by Moe.
Well, Let me be the first on UG in this thread to wish you a happy birthday.
Nice gear also hey!!

Hey man, thanks!

Quote by 666hamish666
nice, whats the loop station like?

The LS is definately worth every penny. If you find one, get it. I like the one I have over the board and stompbox versions.

You can record 11 phrases, or a total of 16 minutes, you can overdub what you just recorded, you can overdub your overdub with vocals, you can upload them onto your computer..... I love it.
--

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Mar 7, 2008,
Happy Birthday and congrats. Review the stuff for folks that may be looking at these things, maybe?

I've discovered a new holiday the past few years: Tax returns. I'm about to spend my tax return holiday money on an apartment-sized amp, if all goes well.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Happy Birthday and congrats. Review the stuff for folks that may be looking at these things, maybe?

I've discovered a new holiday the past few years: Tax returns. I'm about to spend my tax return holiday money on an apartment-sized amp, if all goes well.

Yeah man, I definately will. The LS will be a while for a review; that'll give me a chance to really mess around with it.

I've been meaning to review the V847, but time hasn't allowed for it.
--

--
Happy birthday bro, How old are you now?

also, I've been loking into that loop station as well..gonna give it a shot. Also how's the wah? I'm eyeing the clyde mccoy at the moment, heard it's pretty good for classic rock, blues and funk-kay stuff
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Happy birthday bro, How old are you now?

also, I've been loking into that loop station as well..gonna give it a shot. Also how's the wah? I'm eyeing the clyde mccoy at the moment, heard it's pretty good for classic rock, blues and funk-kay stuff

1: 16

2: Definately the loop station. Don't get the Digitech one; it's nowhere near as user-friendly. I also suggest that World Tour case that mine is sitting in in the second picture. The padding is about 1/2 an inch thick.

3: I like both of the Vox's, but I got the V847 because of the 9v adaptor option. I think the McCoy has a slightly broader sweep than the V847, but I like the more upper-mid focus of the V847 as well. The V847 has its real change near the treble end of the sweep, and gets that SRV and Jimi sound. The McCoy does it even better, because that is what they actually used. It's really just personal preference. Both model the 60's-70's perfectly.

Hope that helped
--

--
Yes that really helped man. I will be done with my gear in about an year. The clyde mccoy doesn't can't be used with a 9volt battery, is that what you are saying?
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Yes that really helped man. I will be done with my gear in about an year. The clyde mccoy doesn't can't be used with a 9volt battery, is that what you are saying?

Na, I mean the McCoy doesn't take a 9V adaptor. It only uses a 9V battery. I got the V847A because it could use batteries or adaptors. Also, I had a spare adaptor lying around in my room

Quote by esp1234
happy birthday!! and dont you mean V847A! :P

And yeah, I did mean the V847A. Thanks for the correction

EDIT: By user-friendly, I meant that the Digitech is a chubi in the area of deleting phrases (if you don't know what a chubi is, try typing in "bitch" on you phone in word mode . Gets quite a lot of use around teachers among me and my friends :p.

Here is the process of recording a regular phrase (no backing/vocals, just you):

Press Mode until the LED beside Inst/Mic is lit up. Press AutoStart if you aren't overdubbing (starts recording when you start playing). Press the left pedal. Play riff. Press left pedal again to stop recording. The phrase will begin looping (can also be set for a one-time play). Don't like it? Press Exit + Write. Both buttons light up. Press Write again to delete it. Like the riff? Press Write twice.

The Boss LS also lets you record off a CD, like most phrase recorders. But, on the Boss, you can cut the guitar parts, making your own backing tracks.

EDIT NO. 2: The LS can also be used as a dummy load for the tubes on my amp! I found that the more I cranked the Instrument level knob, the higher the gain got coming through my amp. Same with the clean channel. Man, this thing just gets better and better......
--

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Mar 7, 2008,