Hey guys i saw this kit online
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=20&category_id=7&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=45

was wondering how practical and awesome it would be to make a modified version of this with a bunch of extra switches to switch different types of components around to make it sound like different big muffs considering the kit comes with all the parts to build either version. I could wire switches in that swap the types of transistors and capacitors around!
what yall think of paln
Quote by Stratmaster458
Hey guys i saw this kit online
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=20&category_id=7&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=45

was wondering how practical and awesome it would be to make a modified version of this with a bunch of extra switches to switch different types of components around to make it sound like different big muffs considering the kit comes with all the parts to build either version. I could wire switches in that swap the types of transistors and capacitors around!
what yall think of paln
I-all think it's a loser.

When you swap transistors, you need to adjust the biasing. So you'll need multipole switches to do that. You'll end up with a kluge that is more complicated and expensive than making separate boards for each fuzz and selecting the input and output of each.

There are a few places where changing values of certain resistors and caps will greatly affect the character of a fuzz. Find them and try experimenting with those. Keep it simple.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Well if you are a pro at wiring and pedal building, it would be possible. The wiring would end up being a mess, and you would be likely to screw something up (it will start getting cramped really fast even in a large enclosure).

I have one of those BMP kits from GGG, I've built it (something is grounding out and killing the signal in both on and bypass and I can't for the life of me fix the damn problem but thats another story). And yeah the PCB is pretty tiny and you need to cram around 40 something components onto the board, and if you want to wire bypasses left and right from onboard components to free components and bypass on a switch then you would either need the precision of a watchmaker, or it would be wiser to make a custom PCB that is quite a bit larger with specific types of muff sections wired up to a rotary switch.