weird faint clicking noise when my guitar is plugged in.

any idea what it is?

this guitar is almost new, and i havent hit it on anything or done anything to damage it yet.

still plays fine, and sounds the same when I play, but when I stop playing and let go of the strings, it makes a clicking noise
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
All you can do is live with it.

Lw
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
you think its possibly the input to the guitar?

like I might have pulled on the cable the wrong way and put something out of wack?
can be a bad cable, loose wire at guitar jack( yes you can take off the plate and look), might be noise from ur house. (move to a new room) constant ticking, could be a watch like said.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
its not really ticking...its a click, and it isnt perfectly constant i dont think, but its pretty close. I dont ever wear watches.

the cable isnt faulty, as I tried runing other guitars through it and they didnt click.

the amp isnt faulty because I tried running it through another amp, same clicks.

suggestions?

I dont really know what im looking for if I unscrew the input jack

can someone tell me?
In the input jack, make sure your wires are connected. I'll link you to a thread I made a while ago asking the same thing. This is it, only I said it was a buzzing sound.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=725838
ok ill take a look, but I dont think my wires are disconnected...as clicking wouldnt make sense.

though..maybe theyre slipping.

thanks for the link

it needs to look like this. with two wires. but if neither wire is loose, then finding the click isnt going to be easy.

sometimes, it's a loose or kinked wire in the guitar that clicks from time to time, when it contacts metal or another wire. *or when you touch something on the guitar like the neck plate, or a certain tone pot.

sometimes a click can come from the outlet, but only with poorly grounded guitars.

a different outlet or amp might lessen the noise. but the root of the problem will be the guitar.

i had that with a strat once. shielding helped, star grounding can also solve it, but finding the exact wire is a pain.

trem guitar? also look at the wire grounded to the bar in the trem cavity. that's another easy wire to spy, and check.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Mar 7, 2008,
should I maybe just consider taking it to a technician or something?

i mean I dont know much about this stuff, and it is quite an expensive guitar (jackson kv2)
Quote by nvranka
should I maybe just consider taking it to a technician or something?

i mean I dont know much about this stuff, and it is quite an expensive guitar (jackson kv2)

If you're unsure about messing around with that kinda stuff, definitley take it to a technician and don't take the chance.
if ur near a computer moniter or any electric devices that are turned on itll interfear with your amp.
well ive been playing next to the same computer, lamp, and electronics since I got this gutiar, and it hasnt done this.
i dont know man, sometimes different guitars have more sensitivity to these things, like for instance, both of my first two guitars (B.C. Rich Beast, and ESP LTD F-50) did the same thing really bad, but then i got an Axl fireax bout a month ago, and it doesnt at all. it could be bad cables or wiring in guitar might be loose, try moving from electric devices, and if that dont work, then take it to a local musicians store and have them look at it. just some suggestions bro
guys read the thread. I dont mean to be a dick, but I already said that it isnt a bad cable.

im going to mess around with it, take out the input jack and have a look at the wires like someone suggested, and if I cant get it to work, then ill take it to a tech.

thanks for all the replies, I dont feel lost anymore
nah, i get a lot of weird noises if a cel phone is near and sends a text, or gets a call, but that isnt what im talking about here.

I dont have a cel anywhere near atm