Easily one of the most original records I have heard in a long time. A pretty progressive record with a lot of acid folk mix in, flute, violin, beautiful female voice, munchkin like male voice(although they grow on you).

I heard they were really underground in England back in 1971 when this came out, and I can certianly see why, but that should also be all the more reason to get ahold of this.

'Song for Comus' is a great download to get you started.
I've heard a couple of their songs on youtube, and i think "the bite" is just amazing. I wish i could find this album for download though cause the cd is like 60$ on amazon.

Yeah i know I'm a late responding, but people always say to use the searchbar and i was about to post a thread on these guys.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Wow, I'm surprised that someone else knows about this band. They're great. Diana is a fantastic song.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Very cool band. It's a shame that their follow up record is so poor.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
I can't tell you just how long I've wanted this album for, years and years, but it's kind of reached that stage where I've been waiting so long that I feel I can always wait another few months. Drives me mad. Have heard constantly that it's amazing though.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Thanks for bringing up this album; I'd never heard of it before, so I checked it out this week. Certainly some good ideas in there, and some pleasant surprises.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by Andrewbiles
I can't tell you just how long I've wanted this album for, years and years, but it's kind of reached that stage where I've been waiting so long that I feel I can always wait another few months. Drives me mad. Have heard constantly that it's amazing though.

This is such a fantastic album. You need to get it immediately. Beg, borrow, steal, or download, give it a listen or a hundred. The songs never get boring, and they're all amazing.

Song To Comus is very epic.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I just acquired First Utterance and have fallen madly in love with it. This band deserves much more attention.
bump. First Utterance is amazing -- Herald is mesmerizing , Drip Drip is creepily amazing

found them via reading who influenced Opeth and Steven Wilson for Storm Corrosion

"All you need is love"