Personally I love drop D tuning for songs such as Killing in the Name and It's Dangerous Business Walking out your Front Door.

My Standard strat is set up for standard tuning though, and I often drop the E string for the tuning. Should I worry about about the neck on my guitar if I'm only droping the E string.

When I tune my Ibanez from drop C to sharp I always tune it down, because its bad for the neck ( I was told this since I use thick strings on my Ibanez, I love playing Heart Shaped Box and BYOB)

Will my neck be affected in a bad way if I leave it in drop D most of the time and don't tune it back. I've heard lack of tension can warp your neck too. It's only one string though.
no it won't
/thread...

maybe you should listen to sum disco ensemble songs, they're mostly playing in drop d^^
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Ok thanks guys, lol. I'm just a little paranoid. Some ppl feed me false information and I always like to consider it just in case. I wanna get a guitar for flat standard tuning though. I hate how the strings get super lose when I play Rape Me and Sweet Child O Mine. Should I worry about tension for flat standard?
Quote by RockAddict311
Ok thanks guys, lol. I'm just a little paranoid. Some ppl feed me false information and I always like to consider it just in case. I wanna get a guitar for flat standard tuning though. I hate how the strings get super lose when I play Rape Me and Sweet Child O Mine. Should I worry about tension for flat standard?

no you shouldn't... and you should kick teh peoplez who tell you this **** in their little lyer balls =D (all grammatical mistakes are the authors own work and shoudln't be copied)
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
I leave my schecter in drop tunning for all strings and it has held up better than all my other guitars sooo no...
Guitar Gear: (Best To Crappiest)
1) Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus (Must Have)
2) Line 6 Flextone III XL (Go With The Triple Rectifier Setting)
4)Schecter Gryphon (Coil Tapper)
3)Fender Lite Ash Tele (Sweet Finish)
4Zoom Fire-18 Amp
Quote by HeartRaz0r
no it won't
/thread...

maybe you should listen to sum disco ensemble songs, they're mostly playing in drop d^^

ooo thx. They sound pretty good. Thank god for not mainstream ****.
Quote by RockAddict311
ooo thx. They sound pretty good. Thank god for not mainstream ****.

yeah i love them... nobody knows them but i'm gonna to see them on a show in germany =D
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
dont see it effecting the neck but ud be surprised how much tension is in just one string specially those low ones, just keep an eye on the neck if it starts to bow adjust accordingly
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
what happens if you tune down and leave it in Drop C all the time? Can that affect your neck?
Quote by musical melee
what happens if you tune down and leave it in Drop C all the time? Can that affect your neck?

Yah. I heard dropping can warp it the other way. I got an Ibanez with thicker strings for that tuning. It's nice having more than one guitar.