Page 1 of 3
I mean okay he's without a doubt the most iconic lead guitarist in the past 20 years, easily. But starting around 2004 or so I've noticed this massive resurgence in his popularity. Infact I'd say it's plausible to state that he's the most popular guitarist in the 21st century so far.
No, it's probably because Syn Gates has been idolizing him so much and all the A7X kiddies decided they love GNR because Syn does.
guitar hero exposed him to a bunch of people as well.... a lot of little kids probably think he's god because he wrote the sweet child o mine riff.... good guitarist, but not the best
Quote by FireandFlames
No, it's probably because Syn Gates has been idolizing him so much and all the A7X kiddies decided they love GNR because Syn does.

Or maybe it's because we all love Guns N' Roses so dam much and the fact thats he's written some of the best guitar riffs in history....hmmm, maybe!
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Velvet Revolver's tours and albums, his autobiography, his appearances in various magazines ...?
I don't remember Slash ever not being popular.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by americnidiot
guitar hero exposed him to a bunch of people as well.... a lot of little kids probably think he's god because he wrote the sweet child o mine riff.... good guitarist, but not the best

He's unarguably an amazing guitarist, but I never stated he was the best.
its also because hes so iconic. guitar ITSELF is making a massive resurgence, and slash being an amazing modern guitarist with the most iconic look will no doubt be the most popular. why listen to crap like Syn Gates when you can have the real thing?
GH3, Velvet Revolver, his autobiography,etc,etc.

He's been keeping himself busy.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by brownstone999
He's unarguably an amazing guitarist, but I never stated he was the best.

i know, but many children may think so and start to idolize him just for writing that riff (and the top hat )
Quote by Footzyrama
Or maybe it's because we all love Guns N' Roses so dam much and the fact thats he's written some of the best guitar riffs in history....hmmm, maybe!

Best riffs?

Not denying that he's a good guitarist, but I would never say best riffs.
Guitar Hero, A7x, etc... Slash isn't amazing. People idolising a guitarist should be idolising Eric Johnson, Satriani, Vai, Paul Gilbert, Gary Moore, etc... not some idiot with a top hat.
Quote by FireandFlames

...what?

We all know M. Shadows, the vocalist, is in love with Axl Rose (he even said GnR is better now then ever before).

But if anything, Synyster Gates definitely worships at the alter of Dimebag Darrel.
I think its mostly b/c of Velvet Revolver. He wasnt doing much before that, and seeing as how VR was more popular than Slash's Snakepit was, hes gotten alot of face time. Add that to his book, his new Gibson sig, and his appearance in Guitar Hero 3, and you have a heck of an image there. And he has an edge and persona that alot of guitar players seem to be lacking nowadays. His top hat and LP have become pop culture icons.
Quote by FireandFlames

i've got a friend who listen to a7x and he says slash is the best guitarist in the world, im not sure if hes ever listened to guns n roses though!
maybe your right. but most likely hes probly does like slash anyway not just coz synyster gates likes him
Well, it might be because he started a new popular band. Makes sense to me.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Footzyrama

Both your comment and sig definently proves that your view isn't biased

I blame GH3, and the whole Chinese Democracy thing, it kinda shows how good Slash is compared to Axl.
Quote by Delanoir
...what?

We all know M. Shadows, the vocalist, is in love with Axl Rose (he even said GnR is better now then ever before).

But if anything, Synyster Gates definitely worships at the alter of Dimebag Darrel.

Yeah, the coffin solo, the hat, etc... deff not Slash.
Quote by Footzyrama

The only ONE the pops to mind is SCOM, but he still is one of my favourite guitarists.

But there's better...
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by sashki
Mybe I'll start seeing some guitar players on TV. Wouldn't that be nice?

well look around at all this guitar hero and rockband crap. people are starting to take interest again. perhaps one day there will be another guitarist like hendrix or van halen who completely change the way its played, and a whole new guitar oriented music era will start again. that would be fantastic.
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
I don't remember Slash ever not being popular.

He was completely off the radar during the mid to late 90's into the early millennium. Then he popped out of nowhere and asked the world, "Hey guys! Remember me?"
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by DaStrat0blast3r
well look around at all this guitar hero and rockband crap. people are starting to take interest again. perhaps one day there will be another guitarist like hendrix or van halen who completely change the way its played, and a whole new guitar oriented music era will start again. that would be fantastic.

That's what I'm waiting for.

It seems that Guitar Hero and all that stuff have been attempts to ressurect the dying trend that is rock and roll. All the 'cool' kids listen to hip hop now.
>

Just sayin'.

its also because hes so iconic. guitar ITSELF is making a massive resurgence, and slash being an amazing modern guitarist with the most iconic look will no doubt be the most popular.
^ This, basically.
Don't like him, on every single level I'm aware of. Tone, playing, 'attitude', image... He leaves me totally indifferent on a good day.
Slash is a cool guy but I can't see what all the fuss is over to be honest
If you took away the SCOM intro riff then hardly anyone would know his name
It would be like this
random dude 1: you like gnr
random dude 2: yeah their ok, whos the wierdo with the top hat?
random dude 1: don't know his name
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
He deserves it.

Say what you will about his playing; he is unquestionably THE iconic rockstar image.

If you're wondering why he's so popular recently, ever heard of Velvet Revolver? Yeah.

That and he kicks all kinds of ass. You're wrong if you don't like his playing. I couldn't stop myself saying that any longer, you just deserve to be shot.
Last edited by Vermintide at Mar 7, 2008,
The only song by them I ever liked was 'Coma'...and that was a long shot.
Slash is a nice guy though.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Footzyrama

Nah, im pretty sure you're very ****ing wrong
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Well, it might be because he started a new popular band. Makes sense to me.

That would be it.
Also the Guns greatest hits album coming out before that, so all the kids would watch the advert or some vids would have been on this music television everyones talking about.

xx
Quote by GiantRaven
Nah, im pretty sure you're very ****ing wrong
Actually, I had never even heard of A7X when I started listening to GNR.

Izzy still owns his pansy ass, though.
Quote by Vermintide
He deserves it.

Say what you will about his playing; he is unquestionably THE iconic rockstar image.

If you're wondering why he's so popular recently, ever heard of Velvet Revolver? Yeah.

That and he kicks all kinds of ass. You're wrong if you don't like his playing. I couldn't stop myself saying that any longer, you just deserve to be shot.

Yey for extreme sarcasm.

I think Slash is an average guitarist, doesn't deserve all his fame.
Izzy was so wasted he didn't even know he had a $900,000 cheque in his pocket for weeks
Izzy is like the coolest guy ever
Standing their in the biggest band in the world (at the time when they were) with a face that says ''couldn't give a rats ****''
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
Quote by BGSM
Guitar Hero, A7x, etc... Slash isn't amazing. People idolising a guitarist should be idolising Eric Johnson, Satriani, Vai, Paul Gilbert, Gary Moore, etc... not some idiot with a top hat.

Erm... No.
Page 1 of 3