Page 1 of 3
Now in my own opinion I ALWAYS heard the marine snipers are the elite. What my question is, how good are army snipers? Like are they trained well or badly. Ive heard marine snipers are trained in camoflage and stalking more extensivly but what are the pros and cons of army sniper. And is it possible for a army sniper to request to be trained in the marines scout sniper program?
They're probably equal. Seriously, they probably train the same way. Besides, I wouldn't want either of them shooting at me, let's just say that.
Well, I'm no expert on this sort of stuff, but I would believe that a marine sniper would be better. I have no evidence behind my decision, but that's quite alright with me.

Edit: They both kill people and are trained with their weapons, so it probably just depends on the soldier with the weapon.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Last edited by spartan 118 at Mar 7, 2008,
TS = sniper wannabe, who goes airsofting on regular occasions, and uses words like alpha and delta while he is doing it.

but in answer to original question; why would their training be any different?
does it really matter? would you want EITHER of them shooting at you. as long as they can pick you off from a good distance who cares how PINPOINT accurate they are. i dont care where in the body you get hit by something like a .50 caliber Barrett sniper. you're going down and you aren't getting back up. with stuff like that there are confirmed reports of people getting literally cut in half.

EDIT: ^ hes probably right. the SAS are the elite of the elite in every facet of the military.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I heard that the Marine snipers use AWPs and aimbots. So they're better.

Someone's a counterstrike player
There the same man, just in different units of the military..
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Quote by DaStrat0blast3r
does it really matter? would you want EITHER of them shooting at you. as long as they can pick you off from a good distance who cares how PINPOINT accurate they are. i dont care where in the body you get hit by something like a .50 caliber Barrett sniper. you're going down and you aren't getting back up. with stuff like that there are confirmed reports of people getting literally cut in half.

You get sniped by a .50 cal round you pretty much evaporate, lol.

But seriously, they both are extremely accurate trained marksman who could easily kill you before you even know what zip code they are in.
Quote by DaStrat0blast3r

EDIT: ^ hes probably right. the SAS are the elite of the elite in every facet of the military.

Actually, the SBS are trained just as well. Just less prominent in the media. For example, they were the ones chasing Osoma Bin Laden in Afganestan just after 9/11, and only stopped when the americans told them to let them take over.

His whereabouts have been unknown since.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
This thread fails.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
The caliber of the pit threads is really bad tonight...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I heard that the Marine snipers use AWPs and aimbots. So they're better.

The Iraqi admins usually end up banning AWPs and owning them though. Then of course they ban the snipers
Quote by SG thrasher
Bums to the ground when rilakam's around.
Quote by Anarion614
My dad could beat up your dad..

My dad is much strong and he is, like, god or something. So your dad is soooo going to lose!
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
Holy crap, 1.5 mile kill?

I'm scared

Edit:thats based on te wikipedia link
I have nothing witty to say here at the moment

Expect a change soon
Quote by Surak
My dad is much strong and he is, like, god or something. So your dad is soooo going to lose!

Well I have two dads, so you both lose.
Quote by Absent Mind
The caliber of the pit threads is really bad tonight...

yeah thats what I was thinking
Quote by Surak

Quote by SeveralSpecies

Well my dad is God so all of you lose.
Quote by SG thrasher
Quote by Surak

my fada once cotch a bullet with his bare hand!

snipers are insane. i've heard they have to go through all sorts of psychology/psychiatric exercises to be able to sit perfectly still for....hours.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by SeveralSpecies

That isn't your dad. . .
Quote by Captain Insano
SAS snipers > all

Agreed the SAS are the elite of the Elite
Manchester United
Quote by rilakam
The Iraqi admins usually end up banning AWPs and owning them though. Then of course they ban the snipers

Yes and then the teams get stacked and the entire losing team is flashed until dead. Wow I really hate CS, why do I still play it lol.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Yes and then the teams get stacked and the entire losing team is flashed until dead. Wow I really hate CS, why do I still play it lol.

Then it turns into a knife fight and some kid is whining about how much better CS 1.6 is and everyone gets banned. Then a video is made and laughs are had by all.

Now I remember why I stopped playing CS...
Quote by SG thrasher
Quote by rilakam
Then it turns into a knife fight and some kid is whining about how much better CS 1.6 is and everyone gets banned. Then a video is made and laughs are had by all.

Now I remember why I stopped playing CS...

pshh! 1.5>1.6

My mind is going. I can feel it.
CoD > All.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
pshh! 1.5>1.6

NuH uH lYkE bEtA pWnZ uR nUb AzZ lUlz
Quote by SG thrasher
Quote by Surak
CoD > All.

well..in cs you can run faster if you have the knife in your hand..

i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
Any game that doesn't have flash bangs in it is better than CS. I hate those things so much, they literally ruin that game.
We're only strays.
Quote by 12epi345

You should run with a grenade, n00b!
Quote by 12epi345

Running fast is for wussies.
they shoot stuff
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
SAS. and i aspire to be one. hardest sniper training in the world. (Spetznas are pretty damn cool to)
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper#Before_the_20th_century

Apparently a Finnish sniper who served in the 1939 war pwns all of your snipers.

542 kills with iron sights... holy ****...
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Page 1 of 3