hey guys.

just posting to see if anyone can help me out a little

a friend of mine is looking for a new electric.

he says he'll play any genre

he wants something:-

light
thin necked but not metal
blue or Orange preferably

oh and he said not a telecaster :P lol and possibly not a strat.

if anyone could help me out here that would be much apreciated :]

jake.

EDIT: He's not a begginer
and a guitar with a trem is fine

just thought id clear that up :P

UPDATE:

His budget expands to £450 but he could save a little more

Sorry I'v missed the obvious bits out, but that should be fine now.
Waheyy Boy!
Last edited by j-boy199 at Mar 8, 2008,
some kind of Ibanez, Schecter, PRS or ESP would might do the trick.....

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
hmm well he said not metal

he's not really a metal player

anything but i guess :P
Waheyy Boy!
A beginner ibanez electric, or a schecter
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by jake_1234
starter pack

+1
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I should mention he's not a begginer.....lol sorry

he's pretty picky i guess xD
Waheyy Boy!
Quote by VivaLaJam
Ibanez S470 fits it.

I'l check it out
Waheyy Boy!
Epi SG? I think there's a G-400 that's Blue.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I kind of agree with the starter pack, don't spend ton's of money on something especially if it's his first. He doesn't need something extravagant, who knows, he might hate the guitar, then he's out a ton (advantage to you is you could but it from him cheap! lol). Anyways, I'd suggest a crappy one from a pawn shop or used from a store, so he can just feel before he buys it. That way he knows it feels ok (if a guitar is really bad you're not going to play it, especially w/ learning guitarists, it's gotta be somewhat decent.)

Guitars are not like prostitutes; first time? Serch for the cheapest, ugliest, and nastiest one in guitar world. Then move up to the really good ones. Vica versa in prostitute land.

...That was my humor for today lol

EDIT: God damn I thought he was a beginner. Jerk!!

I think an epi sg 400 would be good
yeah i saw an SG in blue once

its pretty cool.

anywho my friend seems to like the ibanez

so its looking good
Waheyy Boy!
Quote by edusty2010
I kind of agree with the starter pack, don't spend ton's of money on something especially if it's his first. He doesn't need something extravagant, who knows, he might hate the guitar, then he's out a ton (advantage to you is you could but it from him cheap! lol). Anyways, I'd suggest a crappy one from a pawn shop or used from a store, so he can just feel before he buys it. That way he knows it feels ok (if a guitar is really bad you're not going to play it, especially w/ learning guitarists, it's gotta be somewhat decent.)

Guitars are not like prostitutes; first time? Serch for the cheapest, ugliest, and nastiest one in guitar world. Then move up to the really good ones. Vica versa in prostitute land.

...That was my humor for today lol

EDIT: God damn I thought he was a beginner. Jerk!!

I think an epi sg 400 would be good

Sorry!!! lol yeah i should of said that in the first place.

so lets remind ourselves.

he's not a begginer xD
Waheyy Boy!
washburn have some good entry level models
Spear Gladius II
Squire Standard Stratocaster LTD ED c/w hotrails
Squire Deluxe Strat c/w Hotrails
Dean Baby V
Tanglewood Acoustic
Bugera 333 Head
Laney Cab Vintage 30's
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss MT-2 (modified)
Marshall Jackhammer
The Ice blue SG is really nice. He could get an Epi LP Studio, with the flip-flop blue finish. Altho i guess it would be a little heavy. Maybe look at ibanez SA or SZ models, as a trem like a ZR might upset him, since he most likely wouldnt use it.
Quote by qotsa1998
The Ice blue SG is really nice. He could get an Epi LP Studio, with the flip-flop blue finish. Altho i guess it would be a little heavy. Maybe look at ibanez SA or SZ models, as a trem like a ZR might upset him, since he most likely wouldnt use it.

nah he's fine

he's not a begginner remember

and he knows how to use a trem

i really oughta edit the original post....lol
Waheyy Boy!
... 'starter pack' doesnt give any advise other than to get a crappy guitar (cost like 99% of those starter packs suck).

If he doesnt want a metal guitar, and he doesnt want a strat or a tele, check out an Epiphone LP standard.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Fender Mustang or Cyclone?

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
Walternativo: your completely right about starter packs, il ask him about the Epi

Stuarttt-1: yeah I said mustang to him and he said he wouldn't mind that

I think the mustang is more what he's after i guess.

well im going now, but keep the suggestions coming you've all given good ideas so far :]
Waheyy Boy!
you might want to consider his budget.
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
okay, his budget i'm not sure, but he's saving up, il ask him when i see him.

And the winner of the poorly set out thread goes to.....me!

I really shud of put all the details at the start.
Waheyy Boy!
Amp is more inportant.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Jaguar-Japan-62-Reissue-Surf-Green_W0QQitemZ160214809678QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33039QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thin neck, has a trem, pretty versatile, alittle outside of the mainstream stuff, great guitar <3

New bridge saddles too and a case in that one.
hey guys its me again.

Ichimaru: ofcourse an amp is more important, fact is, He's already got one, so he's fine.

beckyjc: I think he's torn between the jag and a gretsch jet :P lol

I think he's going for the jet, so I guess this is it then.

ta for all your help guys. :]
Waheyy Boy!
what amp does he have? £450 is a lot to spend on a guitar if he has a starter pack amp (or similar).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
heres a story about ewan (thats his name btw) and his amp

ewans parents r in a folk band, they have all this recording n sound stuff, really good stuff.

and he uses this big fancy amp of theres, so he's got a source of sound :P lol
Waheyy Boy!
Thin neck, trem?
Ibanez prestige.

And if I hear "he said not metal" I'll be unhappy cos there's no such thing as metal guitars (unless they're made out of metal) and Ibanez are steriotypied to be shredder guitars.

You won't exactly find a thin necked trem equipped hollow body will you?
Oh wait. . you will. . from Ibanez

EDIT: that was so ****in' cool, I posted this at exactly 20:11 (11 minutes past 8 in the evening) and the threadstarter posted the below post before me. . yet my post is behind his o_O
(I bet the problem is corrected once I edit this )
Last edited by Punk_Ninja at Mar 13, 2008,
oh ok.

i'd probably look into a second-hand MIJ tokai (or other japanese copy) or second hand early 90s patrick eggle.

if he wants to look new, blade are pretty nice, as are MIJ ibanez prestige (the 1570 should be around that budget, though it'd benefit from a pickup swap).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?