6th Song.

This song is definitely a progressive metal piece, with influences from a bunch of different subgenres and bands - and chock full of violin-y goodness.

It's also the first song of mine to feature a solo - although it's only 15 seconds long. I'm undecided as to whether or not I should extend it, as solos have never been my forte.

Enjoy (hopefully).

And of course, I'll crit anything you pass my way.
Attachments:
The Essence of Redemption.zip
sounds pretty badass, except it was recorded in guitar pro im guessing? u should record it urself so the guitars sound better, song is good overall, i would recomend a longer solo especially because it sounds metal, and in metal (although bands sneak by without them) most bands do solos, doesnt have to be epic or anything but id say you should try one, either way song is quite good
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
Thanks. For actual recording purposes I'll write a longer solo (if recording ever becomes an option), but for now it'll stay.

Tis pretty damn awesome. Theres some really cool stuff, and some stuff that needs work...

For starters, that outro was amazing. Right out of and Enslaved track it seemed.

Mostly though, I think the transitions need a bit of work, as right now it seems kinda... like a jumbled mesh of good ideas...
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
That's what I was afraid of. I've never been good with transitions, though, so any pointers (from anyone) would be great. But thanks though!

In the intro the violin would sound better if it was 1 step down. Because having the same sound of the guitar and the violin makes it a bit boring. Dont change the tuning just change the writing lol. of course im only talking about bars 12-15 on the violin track. The rest of the violin is fine. The song itself is very good some of the acoustic parts r my favorite. Also the violin is my fav. Gj lets see a rating hmmm well 8/10 c4c?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=809479
Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
Quote by Broadsword
That's what I was afraid of. I've never been good with transitions, though, so any pointers (from anyone) would be great. But thanks though!

Try more drum solos, and if you have to, even throw in little transition licks.... That can usually help.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
6th song only? damn thats good.
This is awsome.
I love the intro, though you reapet a little to much. Try shortening all the x4 to x2.
J could have been shorter or more interesting.
Solo wasnt the best ive heard, but to be your first its pretty good.
The acoustics are sweet. Maybe shorten the strum time a little.

So all in all its a awsome song. Great work here, especialy since its only your 6th.

Please crit my latest.
I really like the intro. The acoustic strumming fits perfectly. The violin sounds really good too.

D is a really cool section. I like the 3/4 time followed by the swing beat.

E is really cool as well. I like your use of time signatures.

F is badass. You should totally put a strings section over it though. The violin is AMAZING.

I is sick. You have a pretty nice bassline there.

I like the acoustic guitar in K.

Yeah, the solo really isn't that good. You need to add some faster licks in there.

The acoustic at L is pretty much amazing.

N sounded realy good, but the chords sounded really wierd in GP.

The build up to Q was sweet.

Yeah that was really, really good. 9/10.
I'm a person.