Well, I became used to not using my pinky, so yeah...

It comes naturally (sp?) I think...
Cam Sampbell's my hero
No, you don't, unless it's somehow getting in the way of your playing when you're not using it.
Mine tends to fold a bit naturally, so I don't know how much it'd affect you if it doesn't fold.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by restless_thrash
in what sense?
if you mean on the picking hand, just lay it on the body. otherwise, just keep it hovering.

No. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339913

I think you're talking about the fretting hand, so I'll address it that way. It's best to not "fold" your pinky, as you want to keep it as close to the strings as possible for economy of motion.
If you don't fold your fret hand pinkie, you'll have faster access for when you want to use it. Case closed.
Yeah, I actually try not too fold it at all so its right there when i want to use it.
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
I always present it this way for the fretting hand. You have four fingers to use. If you don't use one, even if it is only your pinky, you're only operating at 75% capacity. Learn to use the pinky.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Mine normally folds naturally and rarely touches the body. Fold it intentionally until your accustomed to it if you have to...
ESP

Respect Roope Latvala.
Quote by axemanchris
I always present it this way for the fretting hand. You have four fingers to use. If you don't use one, even if it is only your pinky, you're only operating at 75% capacity. Learn to use the pinky.

CT

yea but he's talking about when its not in use. you arent going to use it all the time obviously. ive seen lots of people who use their pinky still do the whole pinky tuck thing. personally i dont get it. it feels weird to me. i dont even use it a lot. i do use it dont get me wrong. and i find myself using more as i progress. but blues and rock playing tends to not use it as much.

but i dont tuck. i dont tuck any other fingers when im not using them so why would i tuck the pinky? and like someone said, ecomomy of motion.
i think if what you're doing works for you... then start doing it the other way, until THAT starts working for you. then go back to the first way and perfect it. then go back to the second way and perfect that.
then concentrate on another aspect of your playing that you might be questioning, and perfect both styles.

I've got youtube video lessons brewing right now. i'll re-post to this thread, as well as my own, which is called

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806476
do not fold your pinky. any time you want to use it, you're going to have to unfold, fret, and then put it back. that's waaaay too much work. that habit will eventually come back to bite you.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Also, keeping your pinky folded will affect the range of motion of your ring finger, which is also a bad thing. You could work on getting your pinky and ring fingers to become completely independent from each other, making it so your ring finger isn't affected by folding your pinky, but that would be a lot more effort than just not folding your pinky.
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
i dont tuck any other fingers when im not using them so why would i tuck the pinky?

Exactly.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
don't tuck. just curve like all the other fingers do.

but it really depends on the style you play. folk or classical i would say never do it. rock/blues sure. shred/metal i would say no.