Looks like this year is going to be another great year for videogaming. I'm afraid I'll get hella distracted with all the **** that's coming out, how in the bloody hell could I balance this with my guitar playing? Any tips?! what do you guys do?
your kidding right?
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
i gave up playing video games. i asked myself what do i want to do more, play video games or play guitar.
Quote by silhouettica
your kidding right?

Uh why would it be hard to believe? GTA 4 and Super Smash Brows Brawl is coming out in the next month alone
i have this same problem, Elder scrolls 1v: oblivion ruled my life for like a year
Oh noes, I can't practice my Eb harmonic minor scale at 250 bpm for a week because I'll be too busy playing video games instead.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I just do both.

I thought this thread was going to be about how you reacted to people talking to you while you're playing guitar.
Quote by brownstone999
Uh why would it be hard to believe? GTA 4 and Super Smash Brows Brawl is coming out in the next month alone

Its hard to believe because thats like compairing sex with taking a dump

Unless you are in to that sort of thing

Seriously

Video games are ok, but if sitting around pushing buttons is better than sitting around playing guitar to you, then you have no place on earth.
Except for Pensylvania
Acrasia

Wings Denied
Quote by silhouettica
Its hard to believe because thats like compairing sex with taking a dump

Unless you are in to that sort of thing

Seriously

Video games are ok, but if sitting around pushing buttons is better than sitting around playing guitar to you, then you have no place on earth.
Except for Pensylvania

lol you fail hard. This isin't the 1980s dude, everybody I know plays videogames. **** loads of jocks at my school plays videogames. Gtfo, old man.
Quote by darkstar2466
Oh noes, I can't practice my Eb harmonic minor scale at 250 bpm for a week because I'll be too busy playing video games instead.

i lol'd
just play guitar til its too late to play, then play video games, or only play when you feel like it, honestly im not that hardcore of a gamer, but it can also be good for you playing if you take breaks now and then, you come back refreshed and rejuvinated. that is if you have been playing for a while. if your just starting you need a strong foundation, put video games on hold in the situation.
so far i have about 6 days and 20 hours on COD4

and no i havent played guitar since Christmas.

I play video games, eat, and sit on the computer during the day, and guitar from 10PM or 11PM onwards into the night until I go to sleep.
Quote by FireandFlames
I play video games, eat, and sit on the computer during the day, and guitar from 10PM or 11PM onwards into the night until I go to sleep.

So an hour a day would still be good?
guitar>video games

I used to be huge on video games but I always was atleast 3 years behind everyone else in owning systems and bought used games for 10-20 bucks, then I finally caught up with everyone. All the games were around 60 bucks and new systems cost too much, I picked up guitar and left that world behind.

Seriously man, drop the games for the most part, and ask yourself if you're really getting anywhere in life playing video games. You should be saving money for university anyways.
Quote by FireandFlames
An hour? More like 2 to 4.
I'm content with 3 during the school months, but during breaks, I can't live with less than 5-6.
Quote by brownstone999
lol you fail hard. This isin't the 1980s dude, everybody I know plays videogames. **** loads of jocks at my school plays videogames. Gtfo, old man.

old man huh?

guess what

Im 14

I just dont play a lot of video games
Acrasia

Wings Denied
I stopped playing videogames. I play my old gamecube once in a while, but I'm not planning on spending $300 for a new XBOX 360, PS3 or Wii. I'd rather play guitar while on UG.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I don't balance it.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by shut_up_n00b
I stopped playing videogames. I play my old gamecube once in a while, but I'm not planning on spending $300 for a new XBOX 360, PS3 or Wii. I'd rather play guitar while on UG.

Same, except an XBOX with old controllers that barely work.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
not like it's a difficult task to do more than 1 thing per day
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon

You can buy ps3s for $300?? They're like $1000 in NZ
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Lookatthis97787.jpg[/img]
Quote by sean_etc
You can buy ps3s for $300?? They're like $1000 in NZ

Actually, they're like $400 here in the US.

Oh well, I'm content with my modded Xbox (not 360) with a 250GB hard drive and the ability to rip games.
Quote by Flying Couch
I'm content with 3 during the school months, but during breaks, I can't live with less than 5-6.

yay for guitar comsuming peoples social life
I quit video games,and started getting more serious about guitar. But,other distractions tend to have to win.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.