so last night i was playing my guitar and i went to turn the volume knob and it came off with the little metal thing that holds it onto th guitar.
i dont feel like getting my guitar serviced. is there anyway to fix it?
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
you might want to be able to get it off later for one reason or another, and this is a very frequently run into problem. my suggestion is some glue that with a little force can be overcome, but not so bad you can never get it off
did the plastic knob come off the metal shaft, or did the metal shaft break?

what type of guitar? is it the kind of knob with a locking screw?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
no. when the knob came off the shaft went with it.
its not broke.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
if the metal shaft pulled out of the guitar, then the pot is broken.

so a new pot will be needed, less than $10.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

so then what do i do?
just try to put it back in?
Quote by letsgocoyote
it's not going to stay in. the pot is broken.

here are two pots.

it's a one piece part. so you can buy a whole new part and connect that to the guitar in the same way as this old one.
the part is under $10, and a soldering iron kit another $10.

or you can bring it into a shop and spend about $25.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

ah alright... thanks
i appreciate the help
Quote by letsgocoyote
ok good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62