Now I know the spikes are traditionally associated with punks, but hear me out. I'm goin to a Children of Bodom gig tomorrow and the guys I'm goin with are all planning to look or wear something out there. I haven't really got any of the spikes or boots or other stuff they plan to have, so just planning to spike all my hair straight up. I don't want to be heckled or anything though, and this is technically my first metal gig and I want to enjoy it. So... any comments?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin
do it and play some serious metal. if you do it and play like a pussy you are going to look like a fool though,a poser
Actually, they are made of copper
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Quote by athlete1
do it and play some serious metal. if you do it and play like a pussy you are going to look like a fool though,a poser

Uhh, he's not playing.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I'm mighty meh!

On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Is it outdoor or indoor, and how many people will be there. Festive hair only works at the right time.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Quote by meh!
I'm mighty meh!

*reported* for spam.

Who cares if it's metal or not, if you like liberty spikes wear them.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by silhouettica

That was very quick/witty.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
It's gonna be at The Asotria in London. It's gonna be indoors, so it's gonna get a bit rough...
Why do you need to dress up for a concert? I could understand wearing your favourite outfit. But dressing up in **** you would never otherwise wear is kindoff stupid in my opinion. Just wear whatever you want.
Quote by silhouettica

which is a metal....
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Liberty spikes are not metal at all, in fact, they are associated with the homosexual punks more than anything. So, I'd say wear them. You might get a nice surprise sex.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
I'm not gonna tell you what to do but IMO (which isn't worth much) Liberty Spikes are not metal what so ever.
It turns me on; gets me off.
copper is still metal...and OP, why the hell not dress how YOU want to and not give a damn? wear whatever the fuck you want and just enjoy yourself, no one at a metal concert is going to judge you on how you look, you are just some random fan, they are wanting to listen to the music, so stop trying to fit in.
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
And goths use to wear them pointing inwards as a sign of self harm... copy at your own will.
Ug's Stupidest Member of the Year - 2005
They are not metal, they are just, awful!!

Real metalers (?) have their hair down in long Finish tradition!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by pavel
copper is still metal...and OP, why the hell not dress how YOU want to and not give a damn? wear whatever the fuck you want and just enjoy yourself, no one at a metal concert is going to judge you on how you look, you are just some random fan, they are wanting to listen to the music, so stop trying to fit in.

Heh, that's just the point. We're not just gonna go see an awesome band, we're gonna have great night out as well, wanna stand out a bit, I just don't want any trouble and don't know what to expect!
Libert spikes are quite possibly the worst thing you could ever do with your hair. Unless you're trying to look like a blind person.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Bro liberty spikes are officially the dumbest looking thing you could possibly have on your head. Seriously. Please, do not do liberty spikes. Put down the Elmer's glue, and walk away. Slowly.
We're only strays.
OP, unless you're some scenester faggot, you will stand out. Bodom is one of those new "I'm so hxc I listen to Bodom" bands for scene kids. So prepare to have utter amounts of poser around you. You might as well dress like a punk, at least you'll be posing more than those trying to.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by CORT noob
*reported* for spam.

Did this really just happen? :|

Also, liberty spikes are more punk I guess, and I can't imagine they'd be very practical for the gig.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Mighty_Meh
Now I know the spikes are traditionally associated with punks, but hear me out. I'm goin to a Children of Bodom gig tomorrow and the guys I'm goin with are all planning to look or wear something out there. I haven't really got any of the spikes or boots or other stuff they plan to have, so just planning to spike all my hair straight up. I don't want to be heckled or anything though, and this is technically my first metal gig and I want to enjoy it. So... any comments?

You're joking right?

No offence bro... just be yourself. If you start worrying about what to wear/do your hair at gigs, that really can't be good.
Who cares? I got to metal gigs, but I don't look like the others there, black band t-shirts etc. I just wear what I like and go for the music.
so what if you look like a punk in a metal show ? Liberty spikes are very nice imo you should try it at least once !

I'm listening to Bodom right now, heh.

Just be yourself, it's the spirit of metal inside of you that counts.
polp shirt and dockers
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson