Hi, I am looking in to buying my first elec. guitar. I have a budget of about $500. The amp I want to get is a vox da10 which is about $200.
The questions I have is will I be dissappointed if I go for the cheaper squire fat strat? It's about $280. Or will I be better off saving another month and buying a real fender strat for about $400?
Thanks in advance.

P.S. Keep in mind that I REALLY want my guitar asap.
I'd save up and get a Standard. Chances are, you'll be more pleased with it in the long run as your first guitar, as you'll probably be using it for a little while.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Fender. The quality is much, much better than Squiers could ever be. if you can find about $20 more, you can get an epi G-400 Vintage. blows the squier out of the water in almost every aspect, except for not having a trem, and being neck heavy.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.

there's absolutely nothing wrong with a Squier as your first guitar, it'll be more than good to learn on and easily last you until the time you feel you need a new guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com