I play all styles of music, and the most I would spend is 240$. A really nice clean channel would be sweet. I don't really need an amp loud enough to play gigs, but I would like one loud enough to jam. I don't really want a tube amp either, someone please help.
Erm...some kind of Fender. Maybe Frontman if you don't mind negative feedback (from people...).
They're notoriously good on clean, but kinda skimpy on overdrive/distortion. So if you want heavier-ish stuff, get a Boss DS-1 Pedal
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Roland Cube
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Great cleans = Fender tube. Seriously, almost any clean sound that you found great probably came from tubes at least, if not Fender tubes. I would get a Fender Vibro King XD, the 5w Vintage Modified series amp. Only $250, has tubes, and is very versatile.
Why would you not want a valve amp? They give the best tone!

Vox AD30VT!

If you really must go Solid State i recommend the Roland Cube, i had a play around with one a while ago and it made some sweet sounds.
Derp.
That may be true, but like slaytanic said the distortion isnt that good. I want enough distortion to play EJ and Paul Gilbert. How loud is a 5W tube though, it seems like that wouldnt be very loud...
What do you have against a tube amp?

Either way, a Vox Valvetronix may be a good bet if that's as far as you can stretch your budget and you need a lot of versatility.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Ok so I looked at the Roland before, and I heard you cant plug pedals into it... that seems kind of bad. I've also seen the valvetronix and I think that one would be pretty good. I really need to lay them though.
*try them... that was weird... I really dont have anything against tube amps, its just that they seem to need a little more maintenence.
Tube amps need to have tubes changed every few years. IMO, that is nothing. Try a Crate V8 and a Bad Monkey with the pedal gain low and the level high. That should get you plenty of Paul Gilbert tone. Much better than the cube and valvetronix IMO.
Quote by Ungabang
Ok so I looked at the Roland before, and I heard you cant plug pedals into it... that seems kind of bad. I've also seen the valvetronix and I think that one would be pretty good. I really need to lay them though.

You can plug pedals into ANY amp. Just put it through your signal chain.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
There isn't much maintenance involved with tube amps. Just change tubes every now and then. It's worth it for the tone.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I would recommend a Peavey ValveKing Royal 8. All tube, and will do any style very well for the price. I'd advise you to stay away from Solid State/Hybrids, but go try them out. If you like them, go for it. Just don't get a Marshall MG/Line6 Spider/Crate FlexWave. Once you develop an ear for tone you'll realize how bad they are =)
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by .Will.
Why would you not want a valve amp? They give the best tone!

Vox AD30VT!

If you really must go Solid State i recommend the Roland Cube, i had a play around with one a while ago and it made some sweet sounds.

The AD30VT isn't even a valve amp. It's hybrid, which is pretty much just a solid state with a tube sandwiched in there somewhere.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.