Hey guys, if you've seen me around here you may have noticed I WAS set on buying a Dean '79 ML but recently I set my eyes on the MLK (what's the K for? lol) ML Knight, it's the same everything, only black (the most metal color EVER!) and it has EMG's, which I was going to get anyway, and get this, its 50 bucks CHEAPER! I'm have my heart set on it. They may as well set one back for me; it's mine. Only thing I can't find is the shape of the neck, is it a C or a V? I love both (personally like C more, I like my necks to resemble that of a baseball bat) but does anyone know what neck it is? Also if the neck is (un)finished

Click here to see the dean website

or

Click here to see the american music page for it.

Also if anyone has played one if you could just give your opinion of it, good or bad, I mean I'll probably buy it anyway (already changed sig lol), but opinions are nice

And what the hell does the K stand for????? lol
K stands for Knight.

Anyways, I don't know about it, EMG's don't really give you a broad spectrum in terms of sound, and from the price I'm guessing it's a bolt on with an un-original Floyd. I love Deans but the good ML's and Razorback's are too pricey for my budget.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
i dont like the look personally, but thats just me. The hardware seems great though
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
haha Knight... K... I get it lol

And I love EMG/Blackouts lol

Yeah I'm suddenly kinda wondering if this is a set neck or not, I tried to log onto the Dean forums, but I had to register and I'm not getting the email so I have no way of knowing currently unless someone here knows or not... And i've played the '79 with the same Floyd, never came out of tune and GC had to ask me to leave, I was only there for a few hours, I don't see what I did wrong
Yeah I am beginning to think that it's a bolt-on, because it comes with a case and is only 600 bucks... I'm kinda realizing that this may not be the greatest thing ever lol. Well I still want a ML, think I'm just going to go with the '79, unless I get to the store and the Knight is there and it's everything amazing and a bag of potato chips (one can always hope!) lol.

Also, is there a coffin case that would fit an ML? Around what do they run? Ton's of people I know swear by those, claiming to have dropped them countless times w/o the guitar getting as much as a dent lol.
iv played it. its a se neck and i think a v neck.

i personally didnt like the feel of the paint on the neck, my hand couldnt slide around so well on it.

otherwise great guitar, really great.
My Dean Master Catalog shows that it is a set neck, but it doesn't list the neck shape specs. My guess would be that it is a C-shape. Look around on Ebay (They may be a few left of these), Dean released a limited run of a Knight ML with a OFR and block inlays for 800 just a few months back.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
On a side note I think my white RG is more brutal than any black guitar since I have only met 1 person in my town that plays a white guitar
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I'll never own another black guitar EVER. They're too hard to keep clean and they show every single mark on them. Get under lights on a stage and the guitar looks like ass
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Quote by Flux'D
I'll never own another black guitar EVER. They're too hard to keep clean and they show every single mark on them. Get under lights on a stage and the guitar looks like ass

kirk hammett thinks otherwise
Quote by stratdud39
kirk hammett thinks otherwise

Kirk Hammett also has too many (black) guitars.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by edusty2010
Also, is there a coffin case that would fit an ML? Around what do they run? Ton's of people I know swear by those, claiming to have dropped them countless times w/o the guitar getting as much as a dent lol.

I've never seen one if there is haha. Dean makes a really great hardshell case for their guitars. Only problem is their weight/size. You don't want to pack a loaded case very far
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

All MLs are C neck, Only Razorbacks and hardtails are v necked.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by jigy-i-joe
All MLs are C neck, Only Razorbacks and hardtails are v necked.

Wrong.

Current production Deans with V necks are as follows (According to the 2008 Master Catalog.) There are other models that have V necks, these are just the ones it specificly says has a V neck. Their Master Catalogs have some holes in them on certain specs

Time Capsule Series, USA Hardtails, 30th Aniverssay Models, Splittails, Korinas, Razorbacks (minus the DBs), ML War Camo, CFH, Rebel, Solteros, Leslie West Sig, USA Schenkers, Armor Flame MAB, Rick Emmet Sig, most Caddys, Black Gold Series
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60