Do you guys sometime lack motivation to play? On some days I feel uninspired and don't really want to play. When you get those type of moments, do you still force yourself to play?
Last edited by lpmarshall at Mar 7, 2008,
me 2. then i listen to something awesome, like some awesome Zepp or a good, melodic Vai song, and then i want to play.
I'm actually glad because I found out a reason (which was actually pretty obvious) as to why I have been lacking motivation, lately.

I play guitar in a room with a carpet floor. I would get bored with my playing easily. Then if I went to go play in a room with a wood or marble floor (100X better acoustics) I could easily play for relativly long periods of time.

The acoustic guitar is a relativly quiet instrument compared to piano or violin. The carpet just devours so much of the volume. Being in a room with good acoustics, the volume feels much more comfortable and I enjoy the sound so much more.
Quote by The Madcap
I'm actually glad because I found out a reason (which was actually pretty obvious) as to why I have been lacking motivation, lately.

I play guitar in a room with a carpet floor. I would get bored with my playing easily. Then if I went to go play in a room with a wood or marble floor (100X better acoustics) I could easily play for relativly long periods of time.

The acoustic guitar is a relativly quiet instrument compared to piano or violin. The carpet just devours so much of the volume. Being in a room with good acoustics, the volume feels much more comfortable and I enjoy the sound so much more.

true to that. If i play in my living room, its' way bigger than my room. So the sound is a lot louder from my guitar, and i have wood floors.
Not really but thats because as far as my guitar playing goes i love doing it and i never think im good enough so i keep practicing to please myself but it never happens. maybe you need to dry that mentality
When I lack motivation, I watch an Andy McKee video... it seriously helps me.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
i just play thru uninspirtation..... the practice helps my technique even if i'm not working on something new.......
ive broken my thumb
i wish i could play
but as soon as its all fixed i bet i will be too burnt out to play
i'll give you a cookie if you do.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
I play even if I don't want to.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Somtimes i'll play for ten minute and be like, "meh, i'm done." But other days I feel as if I could play forever.
Quote by HelpTravesty
Hey everyone, SMOKE WEED!

It's raining blood from a lacerated sky.

Listen to about 3 minutes into Time by Joe Satriani
your hands'll start tremblin and your knees will start knockin' and your fingertips will just levitate toward the fretboard
Right now. I'm really bummed because my guitar cable died on me.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?