hey guys..
I've currently bought a Squier Strat. yes, I just began not too long ago. I also have the Fender G-DEC junior amp.
I have been having problems with tuning my electric guitar. it's been sort of awkward, and doesn't sound right, even tho the amp's tuner says it's right.
what could this mean? should i just get my teacher to check it ?
And only the 4TH STRING is somewhat worse than the others, it's never tunable.
Could anyone help?
**PS. could someone answer the following questions?:

1. What should i do to create a nice clean high sound for eg. Jazz, and what should i do to make a distortion'd sound for rock? I have a G-DEC junior.

2. How do you put on and use a whammy bar correctly?
I would get a good chromatic tuner, like a Korg CA-30. The best few dollars you will spend in a long time. As for a whammy, it screws in the hole, and you push or pull on it to lower or raise the pitch of your strings.
Korgs are very good tuners, my old teacher recommended it to me but she just ends up tuning it herself and I've been playing at a level where I can tune it by ear as well so I just never looked into that. But it's a very good tuner, pretty sensitive though.
Not sure about Jazz, but for rock, I usually get the hardest crunch of distrotion I can get. I love more of the, "loud and in your face" style of distortion. Some tuners aren't that great, but hey, when you get the ear for music, here's an idea: tune your guitar to your most commonly used tuning. After that, grab a tape recorder and a blank tape, and record your tuning, string-for-string. Now, whenever you want access to that tuning, simply find the tape and tune to it.
the gain controls how much overdrive/distortion you get, and the british settings should be good for rock, while the jazz settings are good for jazz
Quote by ms.AIR
hey guys..
I've currently bought a Squier Strat. yes, I just began not too long ago. I also have the Fender G-DEC junior amp.

I have been having problems with tuning my electric guitar. it's been sort of awkward, and doesn't sound right, even tho the amp's tuner says it's right.

check the tuning at the 12th fret. your intonation might be off

what could this mean? should i just get my teacher to check it ?
And only the 4TH STRING is somewhat worse than the others, it's never tunable.
Could anyone help?
**PS. could someone answer the following questions?:

1. What should i do to create a nice clean high sound for eg. Jazz, and what should i do to make a distortion'd sound for rock? I have a G-DEC junior.

2. How do you put on and use a whammy bar correctly?

the bar spins into the screw hole. the bridge should be level, and dont over use, the whammy, just change pitch on a note when you want to
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011