ive watched a lot of videos of it and read up on it...seems like a great amp.

currently im forced to play out of a marshall MG15DFX in my house (friend has a stack play on usually..)...i just got this marshall for cheap a while back as a practice amp.

anyways...im fed up with the POS MG...so i figured id get something a lot better and a bit louder (15W compared to 60W), to mess around with at my new house (without parents, with friends).

what have you guys experienced with the cube 60?

is it all that Johnny DeMarco says it is? lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J3caoAvXE
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Isn't that guy a comedian or magician or something D:

+ he looks and plays like a tool
Member of 7-string Legion
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
Last edited by jessejames1414 at Mar 7, 2008,
doesn't the video say enough? hehe,i've seen it myself...check out his Entertainer cover...amazing...

and its a good amp,ain't it? so many effects...nice sounds? i might be getting one myself..
can someone who owns the roland 60 respond please

thanks!
I don't own one, but I've played the 30X (30 watt version) at Sam Ash and it sounds awesome. Besides Randall, Roland seems to be the only brand to get the formula for a good solid state right.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
anyone else have opinions on them?

if you dont like them, can you please suggest something else I can go give a try within the 400-500 price range?
Quote by nvranka
can someone who owns the roland 60 respond please

thanks!

dang..i feel so insulted..
i tried one and it sounded pretty much the same as the 30 watt version u can do better for the money
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
Quote by nvranka
ive watched a lot of videos of it and read up on it...seems like a great amp.

currently im forced to play out of a marshall MG15DFX in my house (friend has a stack play on usually..)...i just got this marshall for cheap a while back as a practice amp.

anyways...im fed up with the POS MG...so i figured id get something a lot better and a bit louder (15W compared to 60W), to mess around with at my new house (without parents, with friends).

what have you guys experienced with the cube 60?

is it all that Johnny DeMarco says it is? lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J3caoAvXE

It has the "RIP YER FACE OFF" mode!
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Heh watch the video, right after the opening solo at 0:45 secs in he gives everybody the middle finger
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
Heh watch the video, right after the opening solo at 0:45 secs in he gives everybody the middle finger

Ah its true xD

Also, ive tried the 30x, it sounds pretty good i say.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Is Roland Cube 30X good for stuff like Metallica,Megadeth,Iron Maiden,Judas Priest?Both solo and rythm?
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
"is it all that Johnny DeMarco says it is? lol"
He's a paid promoter for the amp. Did you expect him to say anything bad about it?
That'd be great if he was havin a bad day and just came out and said it's a piece a shit haha
It is a very good amp, but note he is playing on high quality gibsons / ibanez guitars or whatever. So it will sound good, and I would advise getting it, but it won't quite be what Johnny DeMarco makes it sound like

edit: I have one ;p
Ive got the 30x version, and I know someone with the 60, and theyre about the same, except the 30 is missing some outputs, and of course, the 30 is 30 watts.
Yeah, its a great amp. Great tone, good effects, highly recommended.
Quote by DevilsDance76
rigeljs is on the money...

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special
Quote by CrazyDavey
It is a very good amp, but note he is playing on high quality gibsons / ibanez guitars or whatever. So it will sound good, and I would advise getting it, but it won't quite be what Johnny DeMarco makes it sound like

edit: I have one ;p

well i do have a jackson KV2...so im playing out of a quality guitar as well.

if any of you say that i can do better for the money, can you give me some suggstions.

i know a lot more about guitars than amps, so really any advice is great.
I ahve a cube 60 and I love it (play a mim strat and Ibanez RG350DX through it so budget guitars) It can get a bit too bassy on acoustic and clean setting but nothing a little EQ wont sort out although sometimes it doesnt help that much.
There's not much different in the effects when on low or right up(chorus,flanger,phaser,tremelo,delay,reverb) although you might get more of a difference at higher volumes. Great amp. Definately a good buy.
I also use mine as a speaker for my mp3 instead of a stereo because it's so much crisper and clearer
@-}-}-}-
Quote by Megallica Dude
Is Roland Cube 30X good for stuff like Metallica,Megadeth,Iron Maiden,Judas Priest?Both solo and rythm?

Definitely. It's built for metal.
i hate when people thread jack lol....

i mean yeah its a roland, and its a cube, but it isnt the cube 60. they may be relative, but they arent the same.

get out of my thread !!!

lol
how do you guys feel about the Vox Valvetronix AD50VT in comparison with the cube 60?

i mean...i dno, the cube seems like the right choice for me, but i like to consider all of my options.

I will go try both of them tomorrow, but i just like to hear some of your opinions
I was pretty impressed when I tested the 60 watt version, lots of tonal variation for the dollars and plenty of distortion for metal and shredding. I was surprised that Roland would make such a good amp. Plenty of volume for small gigs too. I was tempted but I think I am going to get a Peavey Windsor instead as a nice practice/home recording amp.
Quote by nvranka
how do you guys feel about the Vox Valvetronix AD50VT in comparison with the cube 60?

i mean...i dno, the cube seems like the right choice for me, but i like to consider all of my options.

I will go try both of them tomorrow, but i just like to hear some of your opinions

The cube is better for metal IMO. The VOX is better for vintage and classic tones.

Well, from my experience anyway.
I love my Cube, my only quip with it is that the effects aren't that great, the flanger sucks out too much of the actual guitar. Apart from that, I love it.
cool well thanks for your input.

what do you guys suggest I do if none of the stores around here have them for me to try. GC doesnt have any roland amps except the microcube.

i played the VOX..but I got the same kind of vintage feel to it, not what im looking for.