Okay, I'm stuck. I've wanted to buy a fuzz factory for a long time, but I really like the theremin copper plate the fuzz probe has. I'm going for a matt bellamy type of thing, but he seems to just use a knob on the fuzz factory to get that screeching noise. The fuzz probe has the same knobs, but I don't know if I'd be able to use them in the same way, just in case I didn't want to use the copper plate. Any suggestions?
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
Both are obviously the same pedal, but the fuzz probe has the theremin like control for the stability knob (which is used to control the pitch of all the feedback). Matt Belamy actually has a guitar with the fuzz probe built into it. The copper plating is around where the pickguard is (if i remember right), and he uses that to control the fuzz probe.
I own a FF, never played a probe. All I can say is the FF is win.
I own a Fuzz Factory, and it's pretty fun pedal. I'd love to get a probe, though. The ability to adjust the stab control while playing is pretty cool. The downside is that you'll have to keep your foot there if you want to keep it in a middle position. If I get a Fuzz Probe, I think I'll have to keep my regular Fuzz Factory too.
Bellamy has a Fuzz Factory built into several of his guitars. If you're going for some of his sounds I think the Probe would be easier.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM