How in the world do guitarists change strings?! I've only been playing for 1 and 1/2 years so I didn't expect to be able to do it easily, but wtf...it's so hard for me, how much work did it take for you guys to string your guitars by yourself and do it right?!
What are you having trouble with exactly? I was changing my own strings after only playing two months.... and I've only owned floyd rose guitars....

More details please
depends on the type of bridge. but you get used to it.

if you have questions about stringing, there's a Q and A in the basics section.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
depends on the type of bridge. but you get used to it.

if you have questions about stringing, there's a Q and A in the basics section.

Thanks for the info.
you gotta put some tension on the string while your winding, dont leave the string too long, or its not going to fit. allow enough string to wrap around the peg 2 or 3 times, no more
Quote by GuitarHero87645
I can't get it like wound around the tuner or w/e, that's what I'm having trouble with...

http://www.elixirstrings.com/products/howtostring_electricstandard.html

that's a pretty easy way to string.

you want to leave a couple inches slack, and try to hold the string in place as you turn the tuner. (a string winder) and a friend's hand can help a bunch.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Do some research online, theres a few different methods.... Usually it should take a few minutes tops for hard tails. Floating trems take longer, but those still shouldnt take too long if done correctly. Id say 5-10 minutes for hard tail, to remove the strings, install the new ones and stretch them. Floating dont know havent timed myself but i would say 15-30 if you dont have any tuning issues...
i changed my own strings from the beginning...i was under the impression thats what most people did...

umm youtube?
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
why in the hell are you just changing them now?
wait a minute, fez. this isn't like the time you bought a hamster, named it virginity, and then lost it, is it? - kelso on that 70s show
Well I just changed my strings successfully, and I'm happy about it! But I'm missing one string that I need to change but oh well I did it! Wow I feel kinda pathetic that it took me this long to learn.
Don't feel pathetic, I got my guitar set up for me the first 3 times I changed strings, then did them myself afterwards once I knew what I was doing and was sure I knew what I was doing. It takes a little practice but you'll be able to change stings like nothing soon enough
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Dude..it's just changing strings. Hell I just swapped pickups myself after a year of playing. Mind you I made some mistakes but know I've learnt how I can do it again with more confidence.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
its took my about 45 minutes on my first try...but now...it only takes me 20...30 minutes for the cleaning up of the guitar...
Just buy yourself some cheapass strings set and practice with them. Use a working glove for protection just in case.
I found out the hardway that slack is needed, I just stretched the string out fully and started turning, needless to say snapping occured very quickly.