Just something different from my usual metalcore song...

Edit: Just a bit of a back story... I was playing around with my keyboard on reason and somehow came up with the main keyboard part, and since I have no idea how to make a song with reason, I made it into a GP song. I used one of my favourite styles of making a song, changing something every few bars (adding/removing, harmonization, etc.).
Attachments:
technomaniac.zip
Last edited by Zao_89 at Mar 7, 2008,
Good:

-Reminds me of japanese people
-Pretty epic sounding
-Pretty unique
-good melodies(i don't like happy melodies like that but it fits the song so)
-Good solos(fits the songs)
- Reminds me of The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Times Gruedo desert theme(play the game u'll see)

Bad:

-nothing really, its just not that metal and a bit cheesy

Suggestions:

-Its good the way it is

Overall:

Cool stuff. you usally don't see this kind of thing on here. its usually just metalcore metalcore metalcore(which i hate lol)

Rating: Since i just don't dig that genre i'd give it a 7 but really it deserves a 10 so i'll just give you a 8.5/10

Crit mine?
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Lol your one of those musicians that likes to have fun with things. Like polka! i was reading your post and listening to your song and then bam. Polka time lol! funny as hell. Ok sorry for that. To the critting. Very nicely done i couldnt suggest anymore cause it sounds good as it is. If i were to make it better i would change everything but dont listen to me. Ok ill have to listen to it again cus i forgot... gj thow from what i remember
Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
10/10!!!

That was amazing!

i'm seriously gonna have that riff stuck in my head for days.

You wouldn't be mad if i remade this in frooty loops would you...just for me, i wouldn't put it anywhere

xD

Ok, to the crit.

i can't really say anything at all. it was perfect. maybe a bit more of a driving beat on the drums here and there, but other than that its awesome.

you made me love polka.
Quote by p!r4Te
You wouldn't be mad if i remade this in frooty loops would you...just for me, i wouldn't put it anywhere.

I wouldnt mind, I'd like to hear it, though .

Edit:
Quote by p!r4Te
you made me love polka.

You must have known I'd have to sig that
Last edited by Zao_89 at Mar 7, 2008,
DUDE, THAT WAS THE COOLEST THING EVER.
i loved the guitar the whole way, freakin epic and awsome melodies.
and then the polka time entered and it was game time.
i pretty much danced to that part.
I <3 POLKA TIME.

9.7/10 for pleasing my ears and making me lol at polka time.

Not "epic" so much, but it gets pretty close. I really love it though. The only bad thing I have to say is the chord progression is just a teensy bit cliche, but that's it. Keyboard part for this song = secksy tiempo. =] Good job.
9/10

**** YEAH POLKA

but seriously, i love your layering and the main melody is going to be in my head for a long time now
Good;
- Catchy synth! Almost Enter Shikari-like!
- I love the drums!
- I like the way you used Synth Bass instead of fingered or picked!
- Harmonized keys bit sounds amazing!
- The lead guitar is nice, I was about to say maybe make that a harmony. But that happened *Reminds me a bit of A7x *
- I lovee synth in the No Bass or Drums Bit!
- When they enter it has a nice, sort of heavy feel to it. A good beat you could headbang to
- The sweeping on the guitar is nice, I love that chord progression.
- The polka section is jsut overall cool. Sort of video game music!

Bad;
- The 'Solo' was a dissaointment to me.
- Drums got a bit boring.

Overall, 9.5/10
Great Job!

Crit Mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=808041
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
epically amazing
10/10 my friend
now im gonna have to g o writw some techno
=)
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
i was listening to it with my eyes closed as i do when i try to take in a piece of music for the first time and bang polka time, and all i could think of was the old nes game double dragon II it sounds so similar now im addicted to that game again because of you so for that 0/10- but seriously 8.5/10

CRIT MINE AT https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805848
Quote by Roc8995
I ran into some fingering issues. I can get it up to speed the way I've been fingering it, but I'm wondering if you guys have any better ideas, because it seems like there should be an easier way to finger this.

Don't worry there is Roc, there is