Hey guys, I'm looking for a new guitarrr.. Right now I have a Schecter Hellraiser, with EMG's (81/85 set) . I don't play metal at all, so I'm looking for a really versatile guitar. Also, I'm not sure if I want to sell it yet, maybe if need be.. But I believe guitars should be collected.

Anyway, some I've been looking at.. My budget is around $1000.

An Epiphone Elitist LP, or a Gib LP Studio, which is better and why? They are around the same price only one is gib and other is epi.

Gibson SG Standard.

or a PRS, undecided on model.

Again, I'm looking for a very versatile guitar.. I play todays pop rock/punk, rock, hard rock, sometimes I'll get into some metalcore.. Not often though.. Just need something versatile.. Thanks!!
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I'm a big fan of Gibson, but, I also LOVE the PRS. I would say it's just as versatile and you could probably get more for your money.
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
look at a jackson like the dk2. floyd rose, best neck ever, and really good pickups, but they can always be better
The ones you are looking at all look like good choices (except I would go with an Epi Elitist over a Gibby Studio, since the Studios tend to be a gamble as far as quality goes). I'd like to add the LTD EC-1000 Amber Sunburst (w/ Duncans) to the list of recommendations. It has such an excellent feel to it, and with the Duncans should make it quite versatile.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by ironman1478
look at a jackson like the dk2. floyd rose, best neck ever, and really good pickups, but they can always be better

Sorry, Jackson screams "metal" to me, also, I have no use for a FR
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Quote by mafropetee
The ones you are looking at all look like good choices (except I would go with an Epi Elitist over a Gibby Studio, since the Studios tend to be a gamble as far as quality goes). I'd like to add the LTD EC-1000 Amber Sunburst (w/ Duncans) to the list of recommendations. It has such an excellent feel to it, and with the Duncans should make it quite versatile.

ooo! I totally forgot that one.. I like.

PRS are great guitars. They aren't as diverse as a Les Paul though.
Stay away from the SG. great guitars, but not very diverse, and anyone who says they are is full of it. You can't play jazz with an SG.
Jackson, while usually hailed as a great metal guitar (which it is) can also pull off softer rock, jazz and blues.
Pay attention, first and foremost to the bridge and the pickups. Duncans, EMG and Rose. Eye on the prize, son.
I will call you out from shelter burn your wings and learn their letters
Quote by twocenttip
PRS are great guitars. They aren't as diverse as a Les Paul though.
Stay away from the SG. great guitars, but not very diverse, and anyone who says they are is full of it. You can't play jazz with an SG.
Jackson, while usually hailed as a great metal guitar (which it is) can also pull off softer rock, jazz and blues.
Pay attention, first and foremost to the bridge and the pickups. Duncans, EMG and Rose. Eye on the prize, son.

Thanks.
I still like the SG i played though ;\

how are the Epi Elitists?

Get The Epi , I Have An Lp 100 And It's Great
It's The Most Versitile Guitar I've Ever Played
It'l Play Anything
It's Slightley Smaller Than A Gib
But Easier To Handle
Great For Classic Rock