View poll results: Studio or Live?
Studio Recordings
22 32%
Live Recordings
12 17%
Either One
35 51%
Voters: 69.
Which do you prefer to listen to? I'm listening to some live Pantera right now and it really gives alot more adrenaline then it would if it was in the studio, regardless of volume.
It depends on the band.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
I would say I like both equally which would be a lie 'cuz I probably like studio better because you can get so much more stuff into studio songs, but I like live a lot too, especially extended jams.
Well, there's some songs that seem better when you hear them being played live. Take Metallica's "The Memory Remains" for one, it's fairly boring when you hear the studio version. However, with the live version, when you've got the crowd singing along to the "na nanana na na naaaa"* bit, it sounds much better.

* May not be official lyrics
It depends how the band can play live. I happened to find a live version of Wolfmother's album and there was hardly a difference. I such cases I prefer live songs, but then again if they can't make it sound good studio recordings are much better.
im really into using keyboards and other thigns like that to create different backgrounds i guess you would call them in songs, so studio recordings.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
if its recorded well, live is great. it gives a much better overall feel for the band, i think.

but if its taken from someones phone, or some lo-fi mic, then no.
It really depends,some bands I love their live,others I don't.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
It all depends on the band, I mean alot of bands in recent days can't really hold a candle live, but then there are some bands where that's where they really shine.

But mostly Studio>live, in audio quality
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
depends on the band, but usually studio.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
I like studio because when your listening to live it makes you wanna be there in the crowsd, and its also annoying when the crowd sings along.
Studio, mainly, but I love live, so either one.

Also, it depends on the song.

For example, I love Strapping Young Lads' "Far Beyond Metal" live on "No Sleep 'Till Bedtime" MUCH more than the studio version on "The New Black".
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
studio, u can do alot of crazy things in there :-D
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
it depends on the band as most people have said, also the quality of the live recording.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I put live because I didn't read the question carefully enough, and I was thinking "I'd rather go see a band live than listen to one of their albums." But both are pretty awesome, as long as the band doesn't suck live.