I've been placed in charge of filling up my stepmom's new iPod with a bunch of songs that would be suitable to play in her salon throughout the day.

I'm thinking mellow jazzy stuff, top 40, and popular acceptable old rock.

Suggest away. If any jackass thinks it would be funny to suggest extreme metal, they'll get flogged with an Apple USB cord.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
I would go for some older music like you said.

I'm thinking along the lines of:

The Beatles
Buddy Holly
Cream (maybe)
Journey
Rush
The Temple of the King by Rainbow

Nights In White Satin by The Moody Blues

Get Off Of My Cloud by The Stones

Cecilia by Simon & Garfunkel

Saving Grace by Tom Petty

Mother Nature's Son by The Beatles

Just about any song by Andy McKee
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Quote by Sabbath89
The Temple of the King by Rainbow

Nights In White Satin by The Moody Blues

Get Off Of My Cloud by The Stones

Cecilia by Simon & Garfunkel

Saving Grace by Tom Petty

Mother Nature's Son by The Beatles

Just about any song by Andy McKee

There are a few other really good ones from them you should look for.
Let It Grow by Clapton

Layla (unplugged) by Clapton

Bell Bottom Blues by Derek & The Dominoes

Patience by Guns & Roses

I Love The Night by Blue Oyster Cult

It's Alright by Black Sabbath
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
straylight run is pretty relaxing
Show me the fever into the the fire, taking it higher and higher.
DarkThrone, Mayhem, Emporer, Burzum, NecroMessiaH

They do corpse paint in your moms salon right?
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
DarkThrone, Mayhem, Emporer, Burzum, NecroMessiaH

They do corpse paint in your moms salon right?

That just gave me the greatest idea ever, a black metal salon. Only the br00talest of the br00tal can get their hair cut there.

Anyways,

Queen
Radiohead
The Shins
The Kinks
The Beatles
Quote by Bubban

Rick roll?

EDIT: Aww.

And seriously, fill it up with easy listening **** and then put Home Neuclonics by Strapping Young Lad on there somewhere. Just for lulz.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Mar 7, 2008,
Quote by goldmember1217
That just gave me the greatest idea ever, a black metal salon. Only the br00talest of the br00tal can get their hair cut there.

Anyways,

Queen
Radiohead
The Shins
The Kinks
The Beatles

Theres a salon near me that my mom says is gothic, but it just got that 'biker' feel to it. theres also tattoos there. Close enough? xD
Quote by RPGoof
Theres a salon near me that my mom says is gothic, but it just got that 'biker' feel to it. theres also tattoos there. Close enough? xD

Close, but no cigar. All they need to do is add corpse paint and play Satyricon instead of The Cure. And they need to have a "brutality inspector", a person who checks everybody who walks in to make sure they're br00tal enough to stay.
I'm extremely tempted to throw some Urgehal (or equally Bro0tal BM band) in, right out of left field....but no.

The temptation is strengthened by the fact that the salon is in the area where the hippies and old people live.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep 'em coming. When there's a broad range of things for me to download, I forget half of it and........wow I just realized the Canadian 20 dollar bill design looks like the native dog is humping the native bird's mouth.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Put in You Suffer by Napalm Death, its about one second long and its just a shout with a drum hit or two and a chord single chord. Everyone in the salon will be like WTF?
Some stuff by the Violent Femmes (like maybe Blister in the sun, American music, 36-24-36, Gone Daddy Gone). Like, if I was was getting my hair cut and the Violent Femmes started playing, I'd think it was pretty badass. And old people won't get annoyed, they might even like it.
Quote by goldmember1217

That would be awesome. I wonder how many emo kids would come in looking for a blender.
Trapped In The Closet!!!
It will provide some drama for the women.
Sorry, it's a guilty pleasure of mine.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Seriously, if you're looking for jazz-like new age stuff just look at Richard Cheese. All of his stuff is lounge and he is absolutely amazing. http://youtube.com/results?search_query=richard%20cheese
Some of his things.

While on the subject of jazzy stuff, try Bela Fleck and the Fleckstones. Very smooth stuff.
The person below me is probably a homosexual.