I just got the 300th guitar world mag today. It has a picture of every guitar world magazine to date and ane an article out of featured mags. This is an awesome issue, but when i looked at the pics of other issues i noticed eddie van halen was the most featured. He's amazing but dont u think they could have given credit to other guitarists?
i liked that issue
the cover with Kurt Cobain pointing a gun to the camera was quite ironic though XD

YEa EVH was all over there, same with Metallica

18 page dragonforce tab X____________X
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
THIS IS GUITAR WORLD!
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Did anyone else notice that Jimmy Page is right in the middle of the cover?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
i was severely dissapointed with the 300th issue. the whole thing was "hey lets look back on our past success" which is fun to do, but there were no lessons. at all. the usual collumns, like talking blues and soloing strategies werent there. i was pissed.
Quote by RPGoof
THERES NO LESSONS?
I'm gonna pissed when I recieve my monthly issue.

well theres tabs and stuff. but like the collumns, like the ones slash and dave mustaine do, arent there. and the tab is like an 18 pages dragonforce ****fest anyway. youll be pissed.
Quote by Bubban
THIS IS GUITAR WORLD!

You son of a bitch, I was going to say that!
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

I refuse to read GW anymore. They're far too repititious, and don't even touch on anything that strays TOO far off the mainstream.

The farthest I've seen them stray is Black Metal for a few months, where they featured Emperor, Behemoth, and a band or two more that are well known BM bands.

It just got repititious, the tabs aren't even enough for me to read it anymore.

The only music magazine I read is Decibel, because it is one of the only good music magazines left, IMO.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by thundrstruk891
well theres tabs and stuff. but like the collumns, like the ones slash and dave mustaine do, arent there. and the tab is like an 18 pages dragonforce ****fest anyway. youll be pissed.

What song is it?
Quote by RPGoof
What song is it?

TTFAF, of course.

Did you REALLY expect them to tab any other song?

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
TTFAF, of course.

Did you REALLY expect them to tab any other song?

LOL That was kind of expected
I'll probably take a look at it and learn a few riffs. I have enough dignity to spare
That issue sucked hard. I already threw mine away.
18 page Dragonforce tab? What the eff?
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
I liked the Rush edition from a couple months ago. But I don't buy them regularly.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
God that magazine is awful. Guitar Player sucks too. Please talk about classic rock and vaguely metal stuff some more.
got it in the mail yesterday, i like it. the cover was pretty cool until i saw dave grohl in the front and buckethead in the way back...
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by fallenangel20
I refuse to read GW anymore. They're far too repititious, and don't even touch on anything that strays TOO far off the mainstream.

The farthest I've seen them stray is Black Metal for a few months, where they featured Emperor, Behemoth, and a band or two more that are well known BM bands.

It just got repititious, the tabs aren't even enough for me to read it anymore.

The only music magazine I read is Decibel, because it is one of the only good music magazines left, IMO.

Revolver, faggot >: (

Oh and, when do I get my damn Guitar World. I just got the Wolfgang and Eddie one a while ago.. or maybe that was like a month ago. My time perception isn't too good.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Quote by Jacob6293
got it in the mail yesterday, i like it. the cover was pretty cool until i saw dave grohl in the front and buckethead in the way back...

whats wrong with dave grohl and buckethead?
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
Revolver, faggot >: (

Meh, I don't like Revolver. It's too mainstream for my tastes.

There's nothing wrong a bunch of the mainstream heavier stuff out there, but i love Decibel because I haven't heard of a good 80% of the bands listed, which leads to my musical tastes being broadened THAT much more. Moreso than any other magazine I've ever read.

Without Decibel, I wouldn't have checked out Carcass, Architect, Trap Them, Rosetta, and so many more bands.

But that's just my opinion.

Saxo-Walrus

Did anyone compare the 2 last years issues with Eddie Van Halen on the cover,he looked like **** on the first one and then 4 months later there he was with a haircut and a tan and he gets another cover?How about writing a good song?