Poll Options
View poll results: Bc.rich OR dean
Dean
60 46%
Bc.rich
70 54%
Voters: 130.
Page 1 of 2
which is better to you guys the body shapes of the deans or the also different body shape of a Bc.Rich. Vote in the poll
poll?? it may not have loaded yet.. but i odn't see a poll.

anyway.. i find neither has the best shape.. i'm more of akin to traditional shapes myself. but if you happen to like pointies, Monson guitars and Moser custom shop are worth a look.

EDIT: ah theres that poll you were talking about. XD
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Mar 7, 2008,
BCR FTW LOL WTF

Razorbacks are pretty sweet, and the Corey B. sig is kick ass, but other than that, B.C. Rich all the way. Warlock, Warbeast, Ironbird, MOCKINGBIRD... *drools*
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
dean does have some pretty sweet stuff but bc rich is famous for strange body shapes n' stuff...
dean=worst guitars i have had the..un-pleasure of touching....
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Because I don't rock like Jack.
Dean guitars are way overpriced. You can find a guitar very similiar or better than any Dean as far as wood, fretboard, pickups, tremolo, tuners, etc. for about half the price of the Dean.
Dean's are awesome, I mean check out the razorbacks. At least they look good, I haven't had the chance to play one yet.
Quote by jakewynnrocks
dean does have some pretty sweet stuff but bc rich is famous for strange body shapes n' stuff...

not sound.

on the other hand dean has some great toned guitars with great shapes.
Quote by The User Name
not sound.

on the other hand dean has some great toned guitars with great shapes.

Have you ever played one for over 500 dollars? BCs are amazing guitars.
Quote by metal Lover
Have you ever played one for over 500 dollars? BCs are amazing guitars.

Dude, I can find guitars under that price that can own BCR's high end guitars.
the specs on a Mockingbird ST is far superior to any other metal guitar for 700 dollars.
Last edited by metal Lover at Mar 8, 2008,
Quote by metal Lover
the specs on a Mockingbird ST is far superior to any metal guitar for 700 dollars.

Quote by The User Name

Name one other guitar that is Neck Through, Alder, and has an ORIGINAL Floyd Rose for 700.
I've been in love with the BC Rich Warlock almost since I began playing..... my main guitar is a 7string Warlock.....

but I've gotten to a point where I wanted to try something else, so I've just bought the Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis signature ^^

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Quote by smokin_joe
B.C richs are crap. Period. And Deans are overpriced. But I prefer them, because theyre cheaper models are still kick ass.

...right...
The Mockingbird is the only BC Rich I'd ever touch. And the only nice looking Dean is the Rusty Cooley sig in my opinion.

I loves me a Superstrat.
For me B.C. Rich Caliber Warlock is the best, both in visual and auditory terms, well during my metal cases only...
I'm interested in trying out one of those BC Rich 10-strings, they seem pretty cool.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I don;t really like any of the Dean shapes other than the Vs and they're just "meh"

My vote goes for BC RICH because despite having hatred for most of their shapes, i love the Mockingbird
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
bcrich only because of the stealth
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by jackrocks4
dean=worst guitars i have had the..un-pleasure of touching....

My Dean will smoke any of your guitars. Period.

As for weird shapes, B.C. Rich has the weirder ones out of the two.

Dean guitars are mostly Gibson shapes anyways.

Minarik takes the cake over everyone.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
PRS have the best shapes...
Simple yet amazing to look at.
Like a scimitar compared to a shortsword (weird comparison...)
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
PRS have the best shapes...
Simple yet amazing to look at.
Like a scimitar compared to a shortsword (weird comparison...)

im sorry i like prs but they all for the most part have the same strat/rg/all of the schecter body shapesand a SLIGHTLY diffrent paint job but if thats ur little eye candy than so be it...
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Because I don't rock like Jack.
Quote by The User Name

Futura: awful looks.
Korina: awful pickups.
Xiphos: awful trem.
Saber: so-so pickups, bolt-on neck.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by jackrocks4
im sorry i like prs but they all for the most part have the same strat/rg/all of the schecter body shapesand a SLIGHTLY diffrent paint job but if thats ur little eye candy than so be it...

It's all taste, I don't judge a guitar by its looks anyways. PRS just sound so damn sexy...

I want one again
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Dean are the worst body shapes ever. The headstock... Just ugh.

However, BCR have beauties like the Mockingbird, Warlcok, and Eagle. Mmmmm. And who dares say this isn't attractive???

I like Dean's better, I've never found any of them to be overpriced (other than DIME models) atleast compared to BCR's. Why? Because you have to pay $700+ to get a decent BCR. Dean's aren't for eveyone, and the "Dime" models are overpriced. But they sell, so Dean isn't going to stop.

I like Dean shapes better but I think BCR has more variety.
Quote by The User Name

1st guitar: Matter of preference. I hate EMGs.
2nd guitar: We're talking guitars for metal. Plus that guitar is just not very good.
3rd guitar: Bad trem. Original Floyd smokes an Edge III.
4th guitar: Matter of preference. I don't like 7 strings. Plus it is bolt-on.
Quote by The User Name
Dude, I can find guitars under that price that can own BCR's high end guitars.

I would like to see what you have to offer.
I am admittedly a BC Rich fanboy, and own a room-full of their instruments. I have my 1984 Mockingbird NJ in my lap as I type this. They make great guitars. I have no hate for Dean Zelinski's guitars, but I feel that BC Rich has made a greater contribution to the world of unique guitar design than Dean has.
I have played inexpensive BC Rich guitars, and they don't measure up. Agreed.
But to say that you have played a sub $500 guitar that "owned" a high-end BC Rich, you are displaying ignorance. Ignorance that is so embarrassing that you may want to cancel your account. The fact that you used the word "owned" while discussing mass-produced import guitars in comparison to the (IMHO) finest American-made custom electric guitars this side of Neal Moser? You should sit in your closet and start cutting yourself.
Last edited by Johnthewrench at Mar 9, 2008,
Now that I look at it, Mockingbirds look a bit girly...

I still want one though.
Page 1 of 2