Thoughts views on the mitsubishi lancer.
Guitars:
Dean Razorback Explosion =D
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:
Line 6 Spider II :S
Peavey ValveKIng Halfstack

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
I love them, im hoping my dad will buy me one for my first car.
They only look good with a spolier though..
the old evo kicked ass. Not a fan of the new one though.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
well the standard lancer isnt anything special, no power, no excitement, really cheap interior. hold off until the new ralliart lancer comes out with about 265hp. I personally like the styling of the new evo, looks really agressive, but with the problems they are having with the dsg transmission and how it is appraently slower than the 5sp i truly think that is joke thus i will just stick with my 06 sti
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by severed head
id take a nice corvette or mustang or any old muscle car over a evo

brilliant apples and oranges. id rather take any 03 and up ferrari over an old corvette or mustang. haha....hope you plan on spending thousands if not hundreds of thousands more for worse track performance. and plus how can you want both a mustang and corvette, one or the other man. where is your alliance ford v. chevy not ford + chevy. sorry threadstarter for rambling.
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Not bad. Depends which version you get really.
Prefer the Evo VII to the VIII or IX
The non Evo ones are, well, a bit mediocre really.

Prefer the Impreza over it anyway.
If I had a choice between the new Mitsu Lancer Evo and the new Subaru STi, I would pick the Volkswagen R32.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Last edited by IlikeTheSKA at Mar 7, 2008,
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
If I had a choice between the new Lancer Evo and the new Subaru STi, I would pick the Volkswagen R32.

wait what?
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
If I had a choice between the new Lancer Evo and the new Subaru STi, I would pick the Volkswagen R32.

seriously? besides the seats what does it have going for it? more weight, less power, worse tranny, slower, and its a VW (worldwide chic brand)

Quote by thejester
seriously? besides the seats what does it have going for it? more weight, less power, worse tranny, slower, and its a VW (worldwide chic brand)

id have to agree. it costs more to i believe.

personally for me id take a Roush Stage 3 blackjack mustang.

to stay on topic though, a lancer is definitely not worth it until the new one is released.
if you are looking at a standard lancer i would like to direct your attention to a mazdaspeed 3 if you are looking in that pricerange (low 20k USD). quick car, good room, zoom zoom.

Quote by thejester

Just my taste. Bonus if it's a MkIV R32. But overall, a MkIII with syncro would suffice for me.

Rubba dubba DUB.
My style is impetuous.
I want your heart.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
Just my taste. Bonus if it's a MkIV R32. But overall, a MkIII with syncro would suffice for me.

Rubba dubba DUB.

fair enough. wasnt trying to attack your opinion just making a car argument if you will.

Nice car.

The Evos are great little cars as well.

Though I prefer its (better) cousin.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by thejester
fair enough. wasnt trying to attack your opinion just making a car argument if you will.

No offense taken. The Evo's and the STI's are great cars. I've been reading about them a lot over the last month in just about every auto magazine there is. I prefer the styling of the new STI (the 5 door hatch)to the Evo, though, but if it came down to it, neither are really for me.
My style is impetuous.
I want your heart.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by MalContented
i would love to get a corvette z06 or Zr1. I just in love with the vette

in my opinion this is THE BEST sportscar money can buy, that is the standard z06. ive driven a c5 z06 at thunder hill raceway and that was terrifying, i could not even fathom how the new z06 or zr1 would be, get to be scary

Quote by thejester
in my opinion this is THE BEST sportscar money can buy, that is the standard z06. ive driven a c5 z06 at thunder hill raceway and that was terrifying, i could not even fathom how the new z06 or zr1 would be, get to be scary

ive driven a new Z06. its the scariest car ive ever driven. truly terrifying. you think it was a scary handler before? try now with more horsepower and lowered suspension. it was fantastic!
i prefer the evo 8s... the 10s arent bad... but theres just something about the 8. but if i were to get just a regular lancer, id take the 08 model.

weird... but thats how i look at it.
Quote by severed head
id take a nice corvette or mustang or any old muscle car over a evo
You...are a lost soul in so many ways. Ford OR Chevy? An "old" muscle car? Anyway, I must say I'm biased towards an STI cause I'm a suby fan. The 2008 STI is ridiculously bad looking but both the Suby and the Lancer get irresistible bang for the buck for their usability. Most performance cars wouldn't be able to handle inclement weather or friends/guitars/band equipment anywhere near the same performance. IMO
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by KryptNet
both the Suby and the Lancer get irresistible bang for the buck for their usability. IMO

I think they used to. They are getting really high now. optioned out STI is at about $39k where as the new DSG MR Lancer will be about the same. I mean i got my sti for 31 so that was a hell of a deal but now im not so sure, i know i wont be buying a new one

Quote by thejester

yeah my dad is looking to get an 07' z06 cant wait to take it on the freeway and step on the gas
Quote by MalContented
yeah my dad is looking to get an 07' z06 cant wait to take it on the freeway and step on the gas

ha, should be nice. i never do top speed runs though because any idiot can put down the gas. (not calling you an idiot). i am more sprints to 80 and curvy roads, plus i dont want to lose my liscense for my entire life. only problem is all these super cars you cant really drive them, you have to shut most of them down before you even get to 3rd gear. hell the z06 hits 61 or so in 1st gear, by the time you shift you ARE speeding wherever you are

Quote by thejester
ha, should be nice. i never do top speed runs though because any idiot can put down the gas. (not calling you an idiot). i am more sprints to 80 and curvy roads, plus i dont want to lose my liscense for my entire life. only problem is all these super cars you cant really drive them, you have to shut most of them down before you even get to 3rd gear. hell the z06 hits 61 or so in 1st gear, by the time you shift you ARE speeding wherever you are

thats how i feel about a lot of cars. my mustang can get me a very serious ticket on the freeway in only second gear. you gotta be careful. its all worth it though when you get to take them to the track and there is NO speedlimit
Quote by DaStrat0blast3r
thats how i feel about a lot of cars. my mustang can get me a very serious ticket on the freeway in only second gear. you gotta be careful. its all worth it though when you get to take them to the track and there is NO speedlimit

totally agree. you dont happen to live in ca do you? we should go for a drive on ortega hwy

damn just saw your location, tears now *edit

stratoblaster, have you ever been to the f1 race in canada? im contemplating going this year, just wondering how your experience was if you went

you dont have to buy the best sportscar on the market. If you do your
research ..you can find a few other cheaper models that have the same
engine installed. You can always go down to Dyno and throw on a turbo.

Lancers are beautiful cars...but if you can't afford one..you can still get
the same performance..but you may have to sacrifice the stylish body..
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Mar 8, 2008,
Quote by thejester
I think they used to. They are getting really high now. optioned out STI is at about $39k where as the new DSG MR Lancer will be about the same. I mean i got my sti for 31 so that was a hell of a deal but now im not so sure, i know i wont be buying a new one

DSG is Volkwagen/Porcshe/Audi technology. Where did you hear Mitsubishi would be using it?

STi > Evo.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TehNez
DSG is Volkwagen/Porcshe/Audi technology. Where did you hear Mitsubishi would be using it?

STi > Evo.

they are using dsg esque tranny on the MR

http://jalopnik.com/cars/la-auto-show/la-auto-show-2008-mitsubishi-evolution-x-in-the-us-of-a-323258.php

Last edited by thejester at Mar 8, 2008,
meh when i was 13 and all into cars it was my fav
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
Quote by thejester

I concur, and for that my POS 90' Honda Accord suffices. Handles pretty well around corners, due to the FWD. Never been above 110 though.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by thejester

word. I currently own an rx-8 and I've had my fun doing 120+ mph sprints on curvy roads. most fun I've ever had in a vehicle. ever. having said that, the next car I own will not be a sports car. there aren't any road racing courses near me and driving fast on public roads really doesn't interest me anymore. it's ridiculously dangerous to me, others, and my driver's liscense. and gas and maintenance costs are seriously kicking my ass.

performance cars are fun, but they're not worth the pounding they put on my wallet. my priorities lie elsewhere, now.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by BigFatSandwich
word. I currently own an rx-8 and I've had my fun doing 120+ mph sprints on curvy roads. most fun I've ever had in a vehicle. ever. having said that, the next car I own will not be a sports car. there aren't any road racing courses near me and driving fast on public roads really doesn't interest me anymore. it's ridiculously dangerous to me, others, and my driver's liscense. and gas and maintenance costs are seriously kicking my ass.

performance cars are fun, but they're not worth the pounding they put on my wallet. my priorities lie elsewhere, now.

totally agree, i was surprised i had some agreement on this topic. i hate to say it but keep the craziness off the streets. still fun though to have your fun on a freeway on rap or on a desolate road, but hey you hit a deer or something, blow a tire and you can be dead, ive been close a couple times

Quote by BigFatSandwich

by the way BEST SIGNATURE EVER