I'm one of the geeks who pre-ordered the new Super Smash Bros. This is my first time pre-ordering and I'm just curious how it works. Do they ship it out on the day it's released or a few days prior? I was checking the status futureshop.ca and I'm not able to cancel it anymore so I'm hoping that means it's been shipped. That would be great if it arrives early next week because I have a week off school and this is one of those games that will totally consume the first few days when I get it.
You get it the day it's out, though they obviously ship them to the stores before that.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
They can't ship it before the release date. So you'll have to wait until it arrives.

BTW, I pre-ordered it too I hope it's has awesome as it looks
Well the release date is a Sunday so it's not arriving then but whatever, if I could stand the several times they delayed it I can wait a few days.
If you ordered it from a store like gamestop or bestbuy they will call you and let you know when your game is at the store and how much time you have to pick up the game.
I pre-ordered mine back in August. And EB games has them on the day of release. They do at mine anyway.
One of my friends is having a party to play it Sunday. I'll probably check it out. I only played Melee once and thought it was slow and horrible compared to the original.

-SD
Quote by SilentDeftone
One of my friends is having a party to play it Sunday. I'll probably check it out. I only played Melee once and thought it was slow and horrible compared to the original.

-SD

Melee is soo much better than the original that its not even funny.... like seriously...
Guitars-
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Dean Evo XM with EMG 81/85
Epiphone Stratocaster
Eastman AC120 Dreadnought
Martin Backpacker
Squire P-Bass
Kala Mahogany Tenor Ukulele
I've been playing Brawl since about 3pm today.

And yes, I'm trying to rub it in.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Last edited by IlikeTheSKA at Mar 7, 2008,
Quote by Bandrew
Melee is soo much better than the original that its not even funny.... like seriously...

Melee had too many characters that were just clones of others either made faster and weaker or vice verse.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
my wife pre-ordered Umbrella Chronicles. we had a blast with it.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
well the game shouldve gotten to the stores around tuesday or wednesday(we got it on wednesday) but its street dated for sunday so itll only be availible at midnight tomorrow.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by Linqua5150
well the game shouldve gotten to the stores around tuesday or wednesday(we got it on wednesday) but its street dated for sunday so itll only be availible at midnight tomorrow.

This small video game store in my town started selling them yesterday, so my friends and I picked up a copy today. They also sold out of COD4 before it was supposed to be released.

They also have Secret of Mana for SNES still in the plastic wrap...for $400.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
This small video game store in my town started selling them yesterday, so my friends and I picked up a copy today. They also sold out of COD4 before it was supposed to be released.

well i could see small stores doing that but never at a place like gamestop(i work there) the district manager and manager of store maybe even alot or all of the staff would be replaced.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by IlikeTheSKA

They also have Secret of Mana for SNES still in the plastic wrap...for $400.

Don't let the word out. I'd hate to see a store closed down for breaking an unjust law. People in Japan got to buy it over a month ago and North America getting it a few days early shouldn't be something wrong. I feel bad for the people in Europe who have to wait longer.
I preordered Guitar Hero 3! They're making an Aerosmith Guitar Hero now.. ruining it
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
I preordered Half Life 2, and all of the Halo games. I'll probably preorder Episode 3, just because I feel like getting excited over a game again.
Quote by Bandrew

It was too centered on "power" moves and the execution of any given move was too slow.

-SD
I pre-ordered mine a few months before the original release date of November. I'ma be standing in line tommorow from 9:00 AM to 12:00 AM in front of Gamestop, I'll be bringing my DS, laptop, Little Debbie Snack Cakes, Shasta Soda, and plenty of stuff for D&D. No, this isn't sarcasm, I'm a huge nerd.
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
Quote by Snipe
I pre-ordered mine a few months before the original release date of November. I'ma be standing in line tommorow from 9:00 AM to 12:00 AM in front of Gamestop, I'll be bringing my DS, laptop, Little Debbie Snack Cakes, Shasta Soda, and plenty of stuff for D&D. No, this isn't sarcasm, I'm a huge nerd.

Playing DS with random people in line is awesome.

When I was waiting for the Wii when it came out, we had a full-on Mario Kart DS tournament for a few hours.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by iceman_8319
Playing DS with random people in line is awesome.

When I was waiting for the Wii when it came out, we had a full-on Mario Kart DS tournament for a few hours.

I went and visited the Wii line, I wanted to join but they were out of spots and I had a marching comp that day. But in my Best Buy line a friend said there was a penis swastika drawing contest, a dude named "Big11111" was the winner. He never came forward to admit who he was.
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
Quote by pwrmax
I'm one of the geeks who pre-ordered the new Super Smash Bros. This is my first time pre-ordering and I'm just curious how it works. Do they ship it out on the day it's released or a few days prior? I was checking the status futureshop.ca and I'm not able to cancel it anymore so I'm hoping that means it's been shipped. That would be great if it arrives early next week because I have a week off school and this is one of those games that will totally consume the first few days when I get it.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAH
+984237193875983 for getting brawl the day it comes out. my friend and i are going to eb games tomorrow night for the brawl tourny, and we get brawl at midnight . all eb games in the US, as far as i know, are holding tournies. it's a one minute match, and the finalists go on to another round, then another round, then another round which is in california. the winner gets some fancy hdtv, a wii and brawl (of course), $5,000, and a complete nintendo library. too bad i suck. i think i'm going to do ness or falco. maybe try my hand at lucas .