Anyone own one? I played one today (I think it was the Fly P-44 or something) and I loved the way it played and sounded and the body was so comfortable. I kind of like the way they look, its unique although a lot of people don't seem to like them. So yeah anyone own/played one? What are your opinions on them?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
The majority of the guitar teachers I know play Parker Flys... anyone know why?
They're well made, some people hate them, some people love them.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
im curious to see what people think about them too. from what ive seen and heard about them they seem amazing, the mojo fly is one hell of a guitar.

they seem to be the finest hand made guitars availible today. one day if i find a deal on one i will pick one up.
i've been drooling for one of those for ages.... Fly Mojos are amazing!!!!
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1 (moDE)

Ibanez Electro-Acustic

Zoom G2.1u

Roland Cube 60
Vox AD50VT 2x12

And A Great Passion!

Best Spanish Rock Band IS and WILL always be "Heroes Del Silencio"!!!!!
I have one and have played others. I personally have a 1997 Parker Nitefly

They play amazingly well, have lots of cool features (piezo, easy to adjust whammy bar/vibrato/whatever you want to call it), and are well made.

Mine, doesn't have the best tone for metal stuff--not bad, but not great, and it's nearly impossible to change the pickups on most parkers.
Quote by jcopello
im curious to see what people think about them too. from what ive seen and heard about them they seem amazing, the mojo fly is one hell of a guitar.

they seem to be the finest hand made guitars availible today. one day if i find a deal on one i will pick one up.

Yeah I might get one of their cheaper ones for my next guitar (Like the P-44 that I played). But if that $650 guitar played/sounded as well as it did I would love to try one of their higher end models.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
The P series are more or less normal quality imports, and normal as far as features go - traditional neck joints, TOM bridges or OEM tremolos, wood fretboards, and fat necks. If you like the looks and feel, then it'll be a good guitar, on the level with things like PRS SE, maybe a bit nicer than cheaper korean imports (like LTD or Schecters), although that's a subjective judgement.

The USA Parkers are an entirely different beast (pics pics pics). Pretty much everything about the Fly is unique to the Fly, apart from the Sperzel tuners which are OEM. They have a widest range of tones I've seen from a guitar, weight under five pounds, have by far the best neck and fretboard I've ever touched, and well, after playing a Fly, I dished out almost three grand for one, and sold the rest of my guitars because they just didn't compare anymore.

That all comes with a YMMV warning, of course.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
^I was actually comparing it to the SE Custom and the Schecter C-1 Classic. I definitely like the looks of the Schecter better but the Parker played and sounded effin great.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm