Hey guys I am in the process of buying a Yamaha pacifica, and I am wanting just a really small tiny amp, because i am not very good, and most of my practice will be done unplugged just for me to hear. However I would really like a small amp just for bedroom practice, could you guys give me some specifics on what I should look for if i want a small amp. I read a bit of the threads on here they said ss less then 30 watts, but what else should I know, also how much would a small inexpensive amp be?
get a roland microcube. they run for about $125-150 and sound great for a small amp
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
the epiphone valve junior is an excellent 5 watt tube amp that costs about $150 new. theyre perfect for practicing and they sound great. you should definitely check em out.
Quote by n_tracyKC
the epiphone valve junior is an excellent 5 watt tube amp that costs about $150 new. theyre perfect for practicing and they sound great. you should definitely check em out.

u can also get modded cheap to get any sound u want
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Ignore all other advice, and go with this advice:

Quote by Phillitalian
get a roland microcube. they run for about $125-150 and sound great for a small amp

The little 5W tube amps are neat, but they're not for you. They're one trick ponies that are actually pretty damn loud. The Microcube will give you a wide variety of tones and effects to play with. Lots of fun in the bedroom. It'll give you an opportunity to try all sorts of things, and help you to figure out what you'll want when it's time for a "proper setup." It also has the option of being battery powered, so you can take it anywhere.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
+1 slats
yeah ive got a microcube, the perfect beginner amp, you can explore different kinds of sounds with it and the effects are fun and inspiring for a begginer.
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Microcube, very nice sounding portable amp that will give you lots of versatility