Page 1 of 2
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-GTD65-Guitar-Amplifier-?sku=480063

Is this a good amp to buy? Or should I stick to my VOX AD30VT for Metal? I played this amp in guitar center for about an hour or so and it was awesome. I got lots of compliments too. I played with a Razorback, DFH and then a Daisy Rock. They all sounded great on it. Does anyone have any opinions on it?
BTW. I mostly play Metal and Hard Rock. Lots of Thrash Metal including Megadeth and Metallica.
It's Solidstate man, I really can't stand solidstate after playing my tubes. If thats your budget.. and you like it, I guess. But you can get a much better and less harsh sounding amp.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I know but I liked the sound. I can't stand the Line 6 though. I'm not sure what I would need for Great thrash tone below 300.
Quote by ThrashJeremy
I know but I liked the sound. I can't stand the Line 6 though. I'm not sure what I would need for Great thrash tone below 300.

DUDE LEARN YOUR AMP TYPES!
Line 6 is not a tube amp.
Haha I sounded stupid. I MEANT I hate the Line 6 as in I just hate it as a Solid State. I knew it wasn't tube dude.
I went out and tried pedals and just didn't care for most of them. I played the Scott Ian one and a few other distortion pedals and they were just meh.
Quote by ThrashJeremy
Haha I sounded stupid. I MEANT I hate the Line 6 as in I just hate it as a Solid State. I knew it wasn't tube dude.

It is not a SS amp , it is digital amp.

Pedals that will give you give GREAT metal tone:

Zakk,Dime,or Morley bad horie wah pedal
Metal muff,Dimedistrotion(I love that pedal)
korg 100 ( which is a great pedal)
Blackheart tube amp or Randall which is a great SS amp
Install some EMgs or blackouts on whatever guitar you have(hope it is a good one)

BAM! YOU HAVE A GREAT BR00TAL TONE!
Last edited by The User Name at Mar 8, 2008,
Yeah big difference

DSP and COSM and all that are digital modelers

A true solid state is a bit different and better sounding IMO
Yeah I have to agree. I bought a Line 6 a while ago and took it right back. It sounded cool in the store but then it sounded like total ****. It was dog crap. Blech! The tone was atrocious. The VOX AD30VT is pretty cool but its not the best. Its like missing something. I can't find the right tone or something. I want to try a blackheart though.

Yes the Scott Ian pedal did suck. The Death Metal pedal was atrocious and nasty sounding also.
Quote by ThrashJeremy
Yeah I have to agree. I bought a Line 6 a while ago and took it right back. It sounded cool in the store but then it sounded like total ****. It was dog crap. Blech! The tone was atrocious. The VOX AD30VT is pretty cool but its not the best. Its like missing something. I can't find the right tone or something. I want to try a blackheart though.

Yes the Scott Ian pedal did suck. The Death Metal pedal was atrocious and nasty sounding also.

How much money do you have to spend all together?
Quote by ThrashJeremy

I tryed one the other day at my local shop. cool little amp. but your gona need a pedal to boost up the distortion.

But you can't beat it for the price. I wish they had these 4 years ago.
It's actually hard to find a decent plain solid state amp nowadays

Everythings got DSP in it
Quote by ThrashJeremy
Too bad their Tube amps sound like junk.

Dude that you tried them?lol

If you think that I don't think you know **** about amps seriously.There tube amps are sick!
Quote by The User Name
Dude that you tried them?lol

If you think that I don't think you know **** about amps seriously.There tube amps are sick!

1-10 I'd give them a 7.

Nothing amazeing about them eccept the FX.

And I couldent really hear the digital sound when I was playing one.

Better stuff out there for the price.
And the final tone thats coming out is DSP based... So really the tube is a tricky lure to get people to buy their amps.
Quote by strings-N-stuff
1-10 I'd give them a 7.

Nothing amazeing about them eccept the FX.

Better stuff out there for the price.

I'm just saying this because the TS has never even touched a line 6 tube amp and he is saying it sounds like junk.He is pretending that he knows stuff about amps.He probably own tried the spider series amps.
Quote by ThrashJeremy
They sound like basically the same.

Dude... You probably tried their spider amps..not there tubes.
The one with Valve on it or whatever it was? I could of sworn it was a tube. It was was better but very similar. What I really want is a Krank. They are my dream haha.
Quote by ThrashJeremy
The one with Valve on it or whatever it was? I could of sworn it was a tube. It was was better but very similar. What I really want is a Krank. They are my dream haha.

Kranks are great but you need to try them out.Trust me, when you try them in a store it will feel like ultimate metal sex.
I listened to one while I was in the store and I almost died. It sounded great. They had a DFH plugged into it. I want one so bad. If I had that much money god....
Not a big fan of Kranks

All the ones ive ever heard played at loud volumes have been very muddy
if you can afford it go buy the Randall RH150G3 halfstack...... its a Hybrid amp (which means it has one tube before the output which gives it some of the tube amp sound!)

personally I opgraded from a solid state to the Randall Hybrid and I love it! Someday I will surely opgrade to a all tube amp, but for now the Randall more than satisfie my needs ^^

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Quote by TheBloodstained
if you can afford it go buy the Randall RH150G3 halfstack...... its a Hybrid amp (which means it has one tube before the output which gives it some of the tube amp sound!)

personally I opgraded from a solid state to the Randall Hybrid and I love it! Someday I will surely opgrade to a all tube amp, but for now the Randall more than satisfie my needs ^^

I think you'd get more of a tube sound with a ALL TUBE AMP
Well if your a big metal guy you'd be better off with an amp like that anyway, much tigther response and low end for those and more aggressive sound.

A 5150 has a very solid state like sound thats why most of the super heavies use em'
Quote by DSOTM80
What are you smoking? Line 6 do make tube amps, sure its a modeling tube amp but its still a tube amp http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Spider-Valve-HD100-100W-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=487071

Quote by The User Name
What you sniffing?

So your saying that line 6 is famous for there tube amps?If you think that get the fuck off the crack son!

I'm not sure which glue you're sniffing, but where did I mention that Line 6 is 'famous' for tube amps or anything in that post? I merely corrected your earlier statement that according to you "Line 6 is not a tube amp". I suggest before you run your mouth to know what you're actually talking about and to read and understand what others wrote so you can respond accordingly. Just a thought
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Page 1 of 2