I bought a used c-1 classic and I am impressed. However, I note that there is some Fret buzz when I press down on the low E string at the 5th fret. My first reaction is to raise the bridge a bit and then check the intonation. Reluctant to mess with the truss rod too much.

Just wondering if any of the more experienced guitarists here could offer some advice. If I raise the bridge, is it sufficient to simply adjust it on the low E side and leave the other side alone? If I raise the bridge, I assume I am effecting intonation and will have to make adjustments to the string lengths, yes? Thx.
yes you can just adjust the bridge but y make i harder to press down but still fix the problem instead of just adjusting the truss rod? n it shouldnt mess up the intonation too much
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Try some heavier gauge strings Worked great for my C-1
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Well, I got the guitar used and really liked it when I played it. Its in very good condition. I did not have any information however regarding the existing strings so I installed the factory suggested strings: GHS 10-46.

The new low e string is the one buzzing. My first reaction was to raise the bridge a bit and I did on the side of the buzzing string (the low E side). I was just wondering if this is the right way to go. The reason I mention my caution regarding the truss rod is that I have read in a couple of places that fooling around with the truss rod can be tricky.
I went with the XL 116 (I think like 52 on the low E)
more tension...might give you a little more rooms, and more tension means the string doesn't need to move as much to play the note...less buzz...either way, cured my buzzing, and then I was STILL able to lower the bridge more than when I was buzzing
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune