any ideas on how i can get better at pinch harmonics, i can only hit them sumtimes on certain strings and certain frets, please help thanx
What kind of guitar/pickups are you using? This can have a great affect on the difficulty to perform pinch harmonics.

Also, keep in mind that pinch harmonics are easier with very high gain and treble.
they are EMG's not sure what kind, but the same ones on an AXL Fire Ax if you know that guitar
Try different types of pics, placing your strumming hand on different places on the bridge, and yeah try some higher gain cuz that can make a real big difference.
Practice is all i can say. And mustang youre right, but they can be done on anything. When you're good enough, you can do them clean, on an acoustic, and without a pick.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

wow you all mentioned, high gain and alot of treble, well i turned off all the bass on my guiatr and amp then switched to a high gain mode on my POD and just hit pinch harmonics on nearly every note on the guitar fret board. lol thanx though ill keep that in mind
my only real problem is when i use my thumb to hit a pinch harmonic, it scrapes other strings and makes it sound like crap with all the background noise. what can i do bout that?
Quote by SA215OL
my only real problem is when i use my thumb to hit a pinch harmonic, it scrapes other strings and makes it sound like crap with all the background noise. what can i do bout that?

you need to sort of "flick" your wrist upwards, away from the strings. It produces a better harmonic, and you won't scrape into other strings.
Practice practice practice and don't be impatient. I shocked myself one day finding out I could do them without pressing my temper.

Find the sweet spot on the string and dig in. That's how i do it.
okay, to sound pinch harmonics, you have to find the sweet spot for that string. each string is a little different, and try to get the whole side of your thumb away from the pick and as soon as you hit the string bend your thumb knuckle into the string and do some vibrato with your left hand. you'll be pinchin' like zakk wylde in no tiime
Jackie_ jackson dxmg
debby_dean cherry burst v
rhonda_dean dime razorback

boss gt-3
Lot's of distortion, heavy picks, practice and make sure your pickup selector is on the bridge pickup.